It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
:erk::erk::erk: :mjck33Face: :erk:


I've just realized.

You have misspelled my name good sir. Fie I say. FIE.

Also, that is not my face. I am not sure if you know this or not, but I would certainly hope I have not turned that shade of yellow recently, and I don't even know if my facial proportions can mimic that.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 987
yep

_________________
Ko wrote:
1. it's "for all intents are purposes". I don't care if you were joking.


What does B^) mean?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
No.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:07 pm 
Offline
PBP Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Dec 23, 2013
Posts: 1270
Alright people, it's been fun. Time to stop the spamming now.

_________________
Moderator of the PbP-area.
Creating and playing forum games and Mafia since 2004.

Will you play with me? It only costs one coin.
Because when we're done, you won't continue!

--Flandre Scarlet, Touhou Project 6.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:16 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
:( I am disappointed that the card chain game is still in Magic General. Along with a few other things that shouldn't be in magic general. Is there any way we can actually, you know, move them to the appropriate forum instead of just letting them sit there having what has been essentially (or at least partially) determined to be an unfair special treatment?

Because it really isn't fair that 3cm is not in magic general yet some other things get to be in there. I am opposed to 3cm going into magic general, but my opposition was based on the assumption that we would stop letting other games be run elsewhere if they don't belong there, instead of just ignoring the whole thing once we'd decided 3cm shouldn't be moved.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:12 pm 
Offline
PBP Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Dec 23, 2013
Posts: 1270
Yeah, I see the Card Chain thread went past the 5k mark. I think that could've been a nice point to make the jump to Forum Games.
I suggest that any games you're doubtful about could be send to one of us through PM or something, preferably with links because I don't really look in forums other than here and the Game/Other sections.

The groundrules as I said them earlier is a nice starting point of course, but I think that some games are in a grey area and can remain where they are.

_________________
Moderator of the PbP-area.
Creating and playing forum games and Mafia since 2004.

Will you play with me? It only costs one coin.
Because when we're done, you won't continue!

--Flandre Scarlet, Touhou Project 6.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 13603
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
The chain game should be dead soon. People only play that because it's in general and they can submit a card real fast after reading up on magic news or whatever is in general. So this will probably be good for all of us.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:57 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2013
Posts: 7350
Location: Newfoundland
because I don't really look in forums other than here and the Game/Other sections.


This is why the forum games should remain in their respective sections. I visit Magic General to read up on what's going on and the Card Chain Game is a nice diversion while I'm there. Once it moves, I won't follow it because I don't go to that section of the forum and I suspect most other participants won't follow it either.

_________________
Check me out on YouTube


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:03 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Jun 04, 2014
Posts: 13506
Location: Freedom
Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Hakeem928 wrote:
because I don't really look in forums other than here and the Game/Other sections.


This is why the forum games should remain in their respective sections. I visit Magic General to read up on what's going on and the Card Chain Game is a nice diversion while I'm there. Once it moves, I won't follow it because I don't go to that section of the forum and I suspect most other participants won't follow it either.

no, haven't you been paying attention, everyone who wants Magic games will go down to the posting games section for the one Magic game there.

:duel:

_________________
I tend to agree with Razor.

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 13603
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
You could spread the sarcasm on toast.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:44 pm 
Offline
PBP Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Dec 23, 2013
Posts: 1270
Hakeem928 wrote:
because I don't really look in forums other than here and the Game/Other sections.


This is why the forum games should remain in their respective sections. I visit Magic General to read up on what's going on and the Card Chain Game is a nice diversion while I'm there. Once it moves, I won't follow it because I don't go to that section of the forum and I suspect most other participants won't follow it either.

And you won't have to for another 2-3 months with the amount of traffic MG is getting.

_________________
Moderator of the PbP-area.
Creating and playing forum games and Mafia since 2004.

Will you play with me? It only costs one coin.
Because when we're done, you won't continue!

--Flandre Scarlet, Touhou Project 6.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:06 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 13603
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
People neurotically check their favorite forums regardless of how often things update. At least I do >_<

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Jun 04, 2014
Posts: 13506
Location: Freedom
Preferred Pronoun Set: they
LilyStorm wrote:
People neurotically check their favorite forums regardless of how often things update. At least I do >_<

yeah me too.

that seems to be a recurring fallacy on the side of leaving 3cm where it is. there's this assumption that people are robots and will deduce and execute whatever routine is most efficient.

:duel:

_________________
I tend to agree with Razor.

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 19, 2013
Posts: 2156
Identity: Otter
Preferred Pronoun Set: Otterself
*is no longer going to the magic side now that the product he is interested in has been full spoiled, but will check out the chain game if moved to games area*

_________________
Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 2979
Well, it would appear that this policy has succeeded in killing 3CM. The most recent round only got 4 submissions even after deadline extension.

Mission ... accomplished?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:32 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
Well, the mission of this thread was to get this moved to a different subforum. So....... no.

In fact, the fact that this thread singlehandedly killed the card chain game implies the mission was not only not accomplished but had the opposite result of that desired.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:40 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Jun 04, 2014
Posts: 13506
Location: Freedom
Preferred Pronoun Set: they
mjack33 wrote:
Well, the mission of this thread was to get this moved to a different subforum. So....... no.

In fact, the fact that this thread singlehandedly killed the card chain game implies the mission was not only not accomplished but had the opposite result of that desired.
don't be so modest, you deserve plenty of credit for killing them off yourself.

:duel:

_________________
I tend to agree with Razor.

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
:( The reason both threads are dead is because people don't care about them enough. If they did, the threads would see posting regardless of where they are. Instead, people care about them so little that they cannot be bothered to post in them if it requires the minor inconvenience of three clicks from anywhere on the forum instead of just one click from a subforum they like.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Jun 04, 2014
Posts: 13506
Location: Freedom
Preferred Pronoun Set: they
mjack33 wrote:
:( The reason both threads are dead is because people don't care about them enough. If they did, the threads would see posting regardless of where they are. Instead, people care about them so little that they cannot be bothered to post in them if it requires the minor inconvenience of three clicks from anywhere on the forum instead of just one click from a subforum they like.
yeah, clearly no one cared about 3cm, including all the people who wanted it moved for its health. and no one cared about the card chain game, it just consistently sat at the top of General due to a coding error. you clearly understand psychology.

:duel:

_________________
I tend to agree with Razor.

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14372
Location: Secret Lair
razorborne wrote:
mjack33 wrote:
:( The reason both threads are dead is because people don't care about them enough. If they did, the threads would see posting regardless of where they are. Instead, people care about them so little that they cannot be bothered to post in them if it requires the minor inconvenience of three clicks from anywhere on the forum instead of just one click from a subforum they like.
yeah, clearly no one cared about 3cm, including all the people who wanted it moved for its health. and no one cared about the card chain game, it just consistently sat at the top of General due to a coding error. you clearly understand psychology.

:duel:


You are committing the straw man fallacy here.

It's not "no one" that really cared about 3cm. It's just the 4 people still playing it. As for the card chain game, people obviously do not care as of this point in time. If they did, the thread would see use. Since it's completely dead, every single person on here, including you, do not care about it enough for it to be that important. If a single other person cared, Jack and some random person on the forum would be playing the card chain game right now. It was just something you guys happened to do when you visited that one subforum but didn't really like enough or care enough about to keep going once it required more than the minimal amount of effort to play. The fact of the matter is though, that that is not a good reason to put it into the wrong subforum :).


If either thread was prohibitive to access, that would be one thing. But you can access either of them with 3 clicks from anywhere on the site (assuming they have not fallen off the front page; if so then 4 clicks). The extra two clicks isn't a prohibitive amount of effort.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Last edited by mjack33 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group