It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: q u e s t i o n
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:43 am 

Identity: Female
although it is true that energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed, most everything else can be created and destroyed including books, people, houses, games, happy days, etc.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:25 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
You just don't understand.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:25 pm 

i pride myself on my ability to understand

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:10 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Who are you, Okay?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:39 pm 

Cato wrote:
Who are you, Okay?

Okay was Ko

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:24 am 

Identity: Human
mjack33 wrote:
Cato wrote:
Who are you, Okay?

Okay was Ko

I just now got it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:48 pm 

Eh. On the one hand it sounds like a mod might have over-reacted.

On the other hand I remember a lot of things about the DOTP community that I wish I didn't. I haven't seen the actual posts, so I can't really comment on the mod's decision.

Either way, can we get some sort of consistency here? The message I am getting is that it's okay for a perma-banned user to come back as long as they start a new account and don't let anyone know it is them and/or don't get in trouble since then? <- This is not a good long term policy plan.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:31 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
Either way, can we get some sort of consistency here? The message I am getting is that it's okay for a perma-banned user to come back as long as they start a new account and don't let anyone know it is them and/or don't get in trouble since then? <- This is not a good long term policy plan.

I always saw it as more of a 'we can't actually stop you coming back under a different name so do yourself a favour - shut up, play nice and don't draw attention to the fact your back. Otherwise you'll get your arse banned again.' But that's just me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 pm 

So an air-horn and 10 gun salute definitely out of the question if jack ever gets banned?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:50 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
mjack33 wrote:

I always saw it as more of a 'we can't actually stop you coming back under a different name so do yourself a favour - shut up, play nice and don't draw attention to the fact your back. Otherwise you'll get your arse banned again.' But that's just me.
but we can basically stop them from coming back. I mean, sure, they can go superspy and radically alter their behavior, mannerisms, and speech, but considering they weren't able to change any of that before accumulating 6 hard warns, it's unlikely they'll be able to after. if you just make being recognized as an alt of a banned user a bannable offense then you're pretty much set. in theory there could be banned users who aren't particularly recognizable, but most people who act basically normal don't get permabans anyway.

mjack33 wrote:
So an air-horn and 10 gun salute definitely out of the question if jack ever gets banned?
airhorns are never out of the question.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm 

razorborne wrote:
if you just make being recognized as an alt of a banned user a bannable offense then you're pretty much set.

It already is. In fact, I think? in theory they are supposed to ban your alt account too and/or add another warning level on the main if its just a temp ban. The mod staff is just very very lenient.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:02 pm 

I have been on sites that have told me I can come back after being banned if I don't tell people who I am. Generally if i rejoin those sites I get banned a few days later for what I assume is a mod dispute.

I have also been on sites where I have dodged bans and have been met with the full spectrum of resistances to that.

I would suggest not mentioning that banned users can come back even if they are technically able to, as it sends a mixed message. The real question would then be how much effort we are expecting mods to put into prevent users from dodging bans if they aren't otherwise being a problem.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:07 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Lilan wrote:
I would suggest not mentioning that banned users can come back even if they are technically able to, as it sends a mixed message. The real question would then be how much effort we are expecting mods to put into prevent users from dodging bans if they aren't otherwise being a problem.

probably not a lot, and a healthy benefit of the doubt is probably warranted too, to avoid accidentally banning new users who just happen to post like banned ones.

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post