It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:55 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 02, 2013
Posts: 511
LilyStorm wrote:
Yeah, a lot of these are quite outdated now.

Ye that's what Im thinking aswell.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 2803
Location: Brazil
Baxer87 wrote:
cmon man really? I mean like "#75 The average person makes 1,140 phone calls per year." hows that even worth being called a "random fact" I know no one that makes that many calls, I've made 50 calls this year TOPS. Several more "random facts" on that lists that's just not worth mentioning but then again people posting random **** not even reading what you post and the result is probably not gonna be worth reading anyways..


My wife does 9 calls per day as an average, that means almost 3500 calls per year. I'm really sad because of that and really thankful that unlimited plans for phone calls exist.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:38 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14049
Location: Secret Lair
Spoiler


Some texts are just annoying.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 3240
I put a spoiler block on Mjack33's huge list.

Any time your post takes a number of mouse scrolls in the double digits to get past, you may want to consider being courteous enough to spoiler it. I know we've discussed their previously when you linked 30 images in the same post in another thread, so once again I stress: please be aware of your post length in the future. It took me 14 full mouse wheel scrolls to go from the top of your post to the bottom, and I use a 40" screen, I can only imagine it was even more of a nuisance for those on small screens especially laptops. A spoiler block can easily be added in few clicks, especially since it was a copy/paste text, you could click the button for the sblock tags then paste the desire wall of text in between them.

Keep that in mind in the future please.

~Sapper

_________________
No Goblins Allowed Code Of Conduct

D&D 5e Rules Q&A


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 1035
Scrolls are for wizards son.

_________________
Existential Hero: Train Without Rails


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 pm 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 3240
Fact : When activating a spell on a scroll, the spell must be of the correct type (arcane or divine) for the class using it. Arcane spellcasters (wizards, sorcerers, and bards) can only use scrolls containing arcane spells, and divine spellcasters (clerics, druids, paladins, and rangers) can only use scrolls containing divine spells.

_________________
No Goblins Allowed Code Of Conduct

D&D 5e Rules Q&A


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:07 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14049
Location: Secret Lair
Fact : Jack wants to get into Dungeons and Dragons.
Fact : Jack has not gotten into Dungeons and Dragons because Jack would have to have been the Dungeon Master.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 4684
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Random fact:
mjack averages 21.14 posts a day.

(Pot doesn't quite know what to say to kettle now.)

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:37 am 
Offline
Conqueror of Eldangard
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 12410
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
Yay somebody else reads EGS!

Fact- The word "grape" evolved from the name of a piercing weapon that was later repurposed for harvesting fruit. The word "grapple" shares this origin.

Fact- The majority of America's vegetarians are female.

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:42 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 02, 2013
Posts: 511
It took me 14 full mouse wheel scrolls to go from the top of your post to the bottom, and I use a 40" screen, I can only imagine it was even more of a nuisance for those on small screens especially laptops.

Im amazed that you actually made the count for the record lol.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 am 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 3240
mjack33 wrote:
Fact : Jack wants to get into Dungeons and Dragons.
Fact : Jack has not gotten into Dungeons and Dragons because Jack would have to have been the Dungeon Master.
Fact : You can play D&D without being the DM.
Fact: You can find D&D games very easily both online and offline, especially if you're looking to DM as finding one tends to be the more difficult part.

Baxer87 wrote:
Im amazed that you actually made the count for the record lol.
I like data. *shrug* It also helps put some perspective on why the sblock was justified.

_________________
No Goblins Allowed Code Of Conduct

D&D 5e Rules Q&A


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 02, 2013
Posts: 511
Baxer87 wrote:
Im amazed that you actually made the count for the record lol.
I like data. *shrug* It also helps put some perspective on why the sblock was justified.

No I get that still cant help to be amazed that you thought of it, I would probably just settle with "it was over the top long" and not think twice about the sblock. So you counting the scrolls to make your point is what I would call a damn good customer support lmao.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 am 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 3240
Ulysses S. Grant smoked a ton of cigars — at least 20 a day. After a great military victory at the Battle of Shiloh, citizens sent him more than 10,000 boxes of cigars as gratitude. He died of throat cancer in 1885.

_________________
No Goblins Allowed Code Of Conduct

D&D 5e Rules Q&A


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14049
Location: Secret Lair
Random fact:
mjack averages 21.14 posts a day.

(Pot doesn't quite know what to say to kettle now.)


Unrandom random fact: He is obsessed with my post count when I only post at 1.5 times the rate he does.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 02, 2013
Posts: 511
Ulysses S. Grant smoked a ton of cigars — at least 20 a day. After a great military victory at the Battle of Shiloh, citizens sent him more than 10,000 boxes of cigars as gratitude. He died of throat cancer in 1885.

lmao great story!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 am 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 3240
President William McKinley loved carnations and wore them as a good luck charm. While attending the Pan-American Exposition on September 6, 1901, he greeted a line of people. McKinley pulled his famous red carnation from his lapel and gave it to a little girl waiting in line. In the next few moments Leon Czolgosz would shoot the president twice in the torso with a revolved he had concealed beneath a handkerchief. McKinley died eight days later.

_________________
No Goblins Allowed Code Of Conduct

D&D 5e Rules Q&A


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 pm 
Offline
Conqueror of Eldangard
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 12410
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
US president Lyndon Johnson had so many lovers that people in the White House referred to them as his "harem". He had eight private secretaries. They were not ugly.

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 4684
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Lyndon Johnson also brought the brand Haynes into the forefront as it was the brand of trousers he chose because they would "let out" his midspace as needed in order to not have the pants 'get all up in my bung hole'.

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14049
Location: Secret Lair
There is such a thing as too much information. True story.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 4684
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
barack obama is black


Snow is white!
Enjoy it.

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group