No Goblins Allowed
https://nogoblinsallowed.com/

The random fact thread
https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1163
Page 1 of 23

Author:  tony3 [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  The random fact thread

Post random facts you know and help each other expand each others knowledge!
This could range from weird words, bizarre scientific discoveries, or insane outdated laws.

Author:  GobO_Sapper [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

An armor peircing 30mm round costs $19.34 USD.

The GAU-8/A Avenger, the seven-barrelled gun of the A-10 Thunderbolt can reach a fire rate of up to 4200 rounds per minute.

At full speed it costs $84,000 a minute to fire the gun.

The GAU-8 is so powerful that pilots fire in seven second bursts otherwise the gun would slow the aircraft to the point of stalling.

Author:  tony3 [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

An armor peircing 30mm round costs $19.34 USD.

The GAU-8/A Avenger, the seven-barrelled gun of the A-A10 Thunderbolt can reach a fire rate of up to 4200 rounds per minute.

At full speed it costs $84,000 a minute to fire the gun.


Is that round cost for retail or production cost?
That's nuts.

Quote:
A law from the early 1900′s prohibits men from going topless on the Boardwalk.

Author:  Ko [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

the coolest poster on this forum is 'door (dooooooooooor)'


this thread is about facts, not blatant lies

Author:  Jak [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

the coolest poster on this forum is 'door (dooooooooooor)'

this is now the coolest poster on this forum
and that's a fact

Author:  tony3 [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Donald Ducks middle name is Fauntleroy.

Author:  Van [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

An armor peircing 30mm round costs $19.34 USD.

The GAU-8/A Avenger, the seven-barrelled gun of the A-10 Thunderbolt can reach a fire rate of up to 4200 rounds per minute.

At full speed it costs $84,000 a minute to fire the gun.

The GAU-8 is so powerful that pilots fire in seven second bursts otherwise the gun would slow the aircraft to the point of stalling.

Are you the Heavy irl

Author:  The Butt [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher from Cannibal Corpse plays World of Warcraft.

poor guy

Author:  Jak [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

The Butt wrote:
George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher from Cannibal Corpse plays World of Warcraft.

poor guy

i talked to him the other day when i was doing a soo
i was like what's up and he was like my music sucks
jk but i <3 u

Author:  squinty_eyes [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Disney Cameos:

101 Dalmatians -– Lady and Tramp make a quick cameo during the Twilight Bark scene.
101 Dalmatians –- Peg, from Lady and the Tramp, appears in the window of Percy’s Pet Shop during the Twilight Bark scene.

Aladdin -- Sebastian from The Little Mermaid can be seen with the Genie.
Aladdin –- The Beast appears as one of the Sultan’s toys.

Beauty & the Beast –- When Maurice and Felipe are lost in the woods they find a road sign, two of the routes on the sign read Anaheim and Valencia. (Anaheim: Where Disneyland is and Valencia: Where California Institute of the Arts is located)

Brother Bear –- Nemo makes a quick cameo in the scene where Kenai disrupts the salmon fishing.

Hercules –- Scar is the slain Nemean Lion.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame –- Aladdin’s Magic Carpet, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Pumbaa from The Lion King, are seen on the street surrounding Notre Dame during the “Out There” scene.

Lilo & Stitch –- When Lilo is watching the falling star, a Dumbo toy sits in the background on the art easel.
Lilo & Stitch –- A Mulan poster hangs on the wall of Nani’s room.

The Little Mermaid -- Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are among the crowd during King Triton’s entrance.
The Little Mermaid –- The King and The Grand Duke, from Cinderella, are guests during the wedding scene.

Monsters Inc. -- Boo shows Sully a doll of Nemo from Finding Nemo.

Oliver & Company –- Jock, Peg, and Trusty, from Lady & The Tramp, make a quick cameo.
Oliver & Company -– Princess Aurora can be seen walking in the background.

The Princess and the Frog –- Aladdin’s Magic Carpet can be seen in the opening scene of the movie.
The Princess and the Frog –- King Triton appears as a Mardi Gras float.
The Princess and the Frog –- While Mama Odie sings “Dig a Little Deeper,” she throws around a few items, one of which is Genie’s Magic Lamp from Aladdin.

Tangled –- Pinocchio is hidden up in the rafters above Flynn Rider during the “I’ve Got a Dream” scene.
Tangled –- As Rapunzel and Flynn read in the library, three classic Disney movies appear in book form: A Sleeping Beauty storybook is displayed next to the window, a copy of Beauty and the Beast lays on the ground, and the Little Mermaid sits atop a side table.

Tarzan -– Mrs. Potts and Chip are in Porter’s camp.

Treasure Planet –- A Stitch doll sits on Jim’s shelf.

~SE++

Author:  leetmilf [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Cats can produce over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs can only produce about ten.

Validation from Southpark ~

Author:  Jak [ Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

leetmilf wrote:
Cats can produce over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs can only produce about ten.

Validation from Southpark ~

that episode was hilarious
another fact
the current season of south park is really bad, especially considering how improved the last season was

Author:  GobO_Stormageddon [ Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Disney Cameos:

Monsters Inc. -- Boo shows Sully a doll of Nemo from Finding Nemo.


Monster's inc- Along with Jess the cowgirl,the bouncy ball from toy story, and a few others

Brave> If your quick enough during the woodcarver scene you'll see The pizza Planet truck

Author:  Bounty Hunter [ Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

More people are killed every year from teddy bears than from grizzly bears.

Original Skittles do not contain the color blue, so you cant actually taste the full rainbow.

Author:  Ogre [ Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

In Poland, you can buy a chocolate bar that contains 5% rectified spirit - using a breathalyzer after eating one can show a 0.38‰ blood-alcohol level. Best of all, you can buy it in elementary school stores (or at least you could when I was a youngin').

Author:  TPmanW [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

@Ogre - that is messed up. Were they way more expensive than regular chocolate? You had stores in your schools?

Fact: Tomatoes are fruit and vegetable.

Author:  miss_bun [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Cats are jerks.

Author:  TPmanW [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Dogs are bred to love.
There are many working dogs, but virtually all cats are dependents.

Author:  Ko [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

miss_bun wrote:
Cats are jerks.


you're doing it wrong

Author:  Van [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The random fact thread

Ko wrote:
miss_bun wrote:
Cats are jerks.


you're doing it wrong

you dont even believe this

everythign I hear you say about your cat is how much an **** its being

Page 1 of 23 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/