It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:30 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
60 Main

Loop consists of Sylvan Safekeeper, Second Sunrise, Eternal Witness, and Thoughtpicker Witch, though Knight of the Reliquary and Scryb Ranger can help accelerate the combo while performing their own roles and Dark Depths and Tireless Tracker work well with excess mana generated.

1. Have Sylvan Safekeeper and Thoughtpicker Witch on the battlefield, as well as Second Sunrise and Eternal Witness in hand. Also have at least three lands on the battlefield and at least four other lands either on the battlefield as well or in the graveyard that left the battlefield this turn (only one needed if doing a once per turn loop as opposed to an infinite combo).
  2. Float .
  3. Sacrifice all lands to Sylvan Safekeeper
  4. Cast Second Sunrise, returning all seven lands to the battlefield.
  5. Float .
  6. Cast Eternal Witness, returning Second Sunrise to your hand.
  7. Sacrifice Eternal Witness to Thoughtpicker Witch's ability
  8. Repeat steps 3 - 7 until opponent only has one card in their library

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 am 

Is it just me, or do you have only 1 copy of each combo piece, with 4 required to execute, and no way to tutor for two of them? It's been a while since I've played 60 card constructed, but is this actually reliable?

'cause the loop looks fun as hell, a different take on Sunrise than the typical Eggs setup I've seen.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
That's why it is a contingency and not the main focus ^_^ Second Sunrise by itself can act as a combat trick or pseudo-Rampant Growth/Harrow, and while Thoughtpicker Witch is pretty bad on its own, there are other sac-outlets including the Zenithable Varolz, the Scar-Striped and Starved Rusalka. And Cabal Therapy can be used to simulate a few iterations of the loop. However, not sure how to make this more functional as a combo; Second Sunrise as a White Instant makes tutoring or wishing for it clunky, especially when considering potential sac outlets in various colors.

Like this post