It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 am 

So,this deck was done out of anger and dislike of met local meta going hard combo,it doesn't really have a wincon as such other than maybe swinging with dudes? anyway it's also three color instead of full on 5c due to my budget, I chose Jodah cuz it was a commander that I haven't done before but honestly any Jesikai commander would have worked. I have one uncard Giant fan in here, since my play gorup allows the less BS uncards, and the fact that we have decks in the meta that are heavy into counters and PWs.

Lands 36
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Marsh Flats
1 Polluted Delta
11Island
13 Mountain
9 Plains

Creatures 20
1 Azor's elocutors
1Megeta the lion
1Dack's Duplicate
1 Numot, the devastator
1 Serra Avatar
1 Daxos of Meletis
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Sun Quan, Lord of Wu
1 Clone
1 Akroma, Angel of Fury
1 Shu Elite Companions
1 Aven Mindcensor
1 Resolute Archangel
1 Jhoira, weatherlight Captain
1 Jodah, Archmage Eternal
1 platinum angel
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior
1 Angelic Arbiter

Artifacts 11
1Giant Fan
1 Omen Machine
1 Mycosynth Lattice
1 Sol Ring
1 Teferi's Puzzle Box
1 Gate to the Aether
1 Thought Dissector
1 Scourglass
1 Pyxis of Pandemonium
1Darksteel Pendant
1 Worry beads

Enchantments 14
1 Psychic Venom
1 Apathy
1Hive Mind
1Eye of the Storm
1 Solemnity
1 Arcane Melee
1 Land Tax
1 Propaganda
1 Oblivion ring
1 Oath of Lieges
1 Assemble the legion
1 Consulate crackdown
1 Glorious Anthem
1 Mana Chains

Sorceries 10
1 Clone legion
1 Cleansing Meditation
1 Warp World
1 Oketra's Last Mercy
1 blatant thievery
1 Acquire
1 Rite of Replication
1 Divine Reckoning
1 Day of Judgement
1 Whelming Wave

Instants 10
1 Miscalculation
1 Remove soul
1 Disenchant
1 Stifle
1 Supplant Form
1 reiterate
1 return to dust
1 Disrupt
1 Power Sink
1 path to exile

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:21 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
I do not get the idea of this deck.

It looks like a pile of cards, some of which are generally good in EDH, some (a lot) of which are cards that are interesting in EDH but don't give a lot of advantage, some of which are cool build-arounds for entirely unconnected deck ideas that aren't supported by the list, and some (Worry Beads ???? Shu Elite Companions ???) just seem plain random, lol.

War of the spark will have so many Planeswalkers, they won't even be planeswalking anymore.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 am 

I do not get the idea of this deck.

It looks like a pile of cards, some of which are generally good in EDH, some (a lot) of which are cards that are interesting in EDH but don't give a lot of advantage, some of which are cool build-arounds for entirely unconnected deck ideas that aren't supported by the list, and some (Worry Beads ???? Shu Elite Companions ???) just seem plain random, lol.

the idea is meant to take away the ability to play commander normally oh you have top deck manipulation? Worry beads says too bad along with Omen Machine, the puzzle box etc,and the stuff with horsemanship is jsut there to give me unblockables

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:47 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Sure.
But, even if "being annoying and then maybe stealing the game" is your strategy, I think you don't want ANYTHING to do with those cards:

1 Azor's elocutors - You won't get to it, and can't protect them.
1 Serra Avatar - It's really big, but will either instantly die or be repeatedly chump-blocked.
1 Shu Elite Companions - There are WAY better evasive creatures.
1 Resolute Archangel - A single 4/4 won't tip the game in your favor. The lifegain may give you a turn or three of delay from losing, but not much more.
1 Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior - There are WAY better evasive creatures.

1 Giant Fan - You are paying SIX MANA to move one counter.
1 Omen Machine - You get no real advantage from this card. Also, it doesn't hose topdeck manipulation - it rewards it. People that can manupulate their topdeck will set it up so that Omen Machine will give them the best stuff.
1 Mycosynth Lattice - Why ? I see no reason this could be useful to you. None at all.
1 Teferi's Puzzle Box - You get no real advantage from this card.
1 Gate to the Aether - You get no real advantage from this card.
1 Pyxis of Pandemonium You get no real advantage from this card.
1 Darksteel Pendant - This completely sucks compared to alternatives. I recommend Treasure Map.
1 Worry beads - Again, you get no real advantage from this card. Instead of spending 3 mana and a card to "hose topdeck manipulation", how about doing something that will, you know, matter ?

1 Psychic Venom - Do you really need to maybe suck a bit of life or mana out of one of your opponents ? That won't beat them. In fact, it probably won't contribute to their loss that much.
1 Apathy - There is WAY better removal that you are not running.
1 Hive Mind - You get no real advantage from this card.
1 Eye of the Storm - You get no real advantage from this card, cause you aren't running a lot of instants/sorceries worth copying.
1 Solemnity - You don't have any combos with it, and honestly, are counters really that powerful that they're worth spending a card and 3 mana to shut down ?
1 Arcane Melee - It's a five mana symmetrical cost reduction. You aren't running enough instants/sorceries for this to be efficient, and many decks of your opponents will be happier to see it get played than you.
1 Glorious Anthem - You don't have enough creatures or token generation.
1 Mana Chains - There is WAY better removal that you are not running.

1 Warp World - You get no real advantage from this card.
1 Oketra's Last Mercy - The lifegain may give you a turn or three of delay from losing, but not much more. And then, you can't even untap on one of those turns.

1 Stifle - I don't think you run any combos with this, and I doubt countering some random enemy ability is worth it.
1 Disrupt - More often than not, people will have 1 mana to spare, and this card will just sit in your hand, prompting you to waste your mana.
1 Power Sink - Why would you run this, when there is Condescend and Disdainful Stroke and original Counterspell and other way better counters ? I mean, it's good at making a player skip their turn, but that's just spiteful.

War of the spark will have so many Planeswalkers, they won't even be planeswalking anymore.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:53 pm 

who said my goal was to win with this deck? If i was looking to win, I wouldn't be using this deck lol

and you missed the bit about my meta being heavy into counters, I did come close to winning this past week with Azor's elocutors due to help from a Lord Windgrace and my Giant Fan and as for the junky counter spells,it's what I own that isn't in another deck. And with both Worry beads and Omen Machine, you have to manipulate the second card from top instead of the top card but then even if you're able to get around those two Pyxis of Pandemonium

Darksteel Pendant don't own any other cards and my top is in another deck.

Did you miss Glacial Chasm, because with Solemnity it gets no counters on it.

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post