It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Underhanded Cards
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 pm 

Liar's Sleight
:u:
Instant
Put the bottom card of your library on top of your library.
When you play a conman's game, you've already lost.

Deceitful Tutor
:1::b:
Sorcery
While you're searching your library, you may cast Deceitful Tutor from your library.
If you cast Deceitful Tutor from your hand, search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. Otherwise, search your library for a card and exchange it with a card in your hand, then shuffle your library.
"Knowing how to lie is more useful than knowing a thousand truths."

Cunning Huckster
:1::r::r:
Creature - Goblin Rogue
:t:: The next time you would flip a coin or choose one or more of something at random, choose the result instead.
Goblins have a reputation for being unable to plan ahead, which he milks for all it's worth.
3/1

Trickster's Mask
:2:
Artifact - Equipment
Equip :1:
Equipped creature has shroud, changeling, and has all names of creature cards in addition to its name. The "Legend Rule" doesn't apply to it.
"Witnesses variously report the suspect as a male loxodon, female elf, potted plant, or Nicol Bolas. Needless to say, we're stumped." - Senior Investigator DuValle

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Underhanded Cards
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 am 

Mana Embezzlement
:3::u:
Enchantment
Spells your opponents cast cost :1: more to cast
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, add :c:. You don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.

True to Lie
:2::u:
Instant
Target spell or permanent's controller reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a card that shares a type with it. Exchange them, then that player shuffles their library. (If a spell is exchanged this way, its controller now makes all choices for the new spell. X is 0.)

Disreputable Informant
Creature - Human Rogue
:t:: An opponent Fateseals 2, then you draw a card.
"Lies sell as well as the truth."
0/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:57 pm 

I like the groove you have here.

Liar's sleight just does nothing most of the time, it just feels too narrow. I think it should either put the card in your hand, or let you look at it before you decide if you want it on top. That way it does something even if you don't have the set up for it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cunning Huckster needs to have "this turn" somewhere in its ability, unless you meant to create horrible memory issues.

But really cool cards all around.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure Cunning Huckster needs to have "this turn" somewhere in its ability, unless you meant to create horrible memory issues.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I meant to have a "This turn" in there, and thought of a more elegant way of wording it after.

Also, your insight makes me want to redo Sleight. So I will

Liar's Sleight
Instant
Look at the bottom card of your library. You may put it on top of your library.
Draw a card.

This way it still synergizes with anything that puts cards on the bottom of your library in any order, while gaining utility overall. I think even with sneaky combo potential like Reito Lantern it's still weaker than Ponder or Preordain but that's a prestigious crowd to be in.

Cunning Huckster
:1::r::r:
Creature - Goblin Rogue
:t:: Choose the result of the next random event this turn. (Coin flips, die rolls, and anything done "at random" are random events.)
Goblins have a reputation for being unable to plan ahead, which he milks for all it's worth.
3/1

And a couple new ones!

In Bad Faith
:1::b:
Sorcery
Target opponent may draw a card. If they do, they lose 2 life and you gain 2 life. Otherwise, you draw two cards.
Deals struck with the Orzhov are generally profitable for only one party.

Deceive the Eyes
:x::u:
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Deceive the Eyes, reveal a creature card you own from outside the game with converted mana cost X or less.
Until end of turn, target creature is a copy of the revealed card.

Confidence Scheme
:4::r::r:
Instant
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. It gains haste until end of turn. At end of turn, if it hasn't attacked, blocked, or been dealt damage, gain control of it. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:50 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Shuffling is a random event. So Cunning Huckster would let you to rearrange the library instead of shuffling it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 am 

I tried to avoid that directly with the reminder text. Might be better to just "this turn" the original wording.

Like this post