It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:32 am 

Overly Encumbered |
Enchantment - Aura | {C}
Enchant creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on Overly Encumbered, then tap enchanted creature unless its controller pays for each age counter on Overly Encumbered.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am 

I would just make this a flat price, especially at common. After about 3 turns you will have to put a counter on it every turn even though your opponent will not be able to pay for it ever again. I guess it is interesting that it is better to play on something early but less good if you save it for a 6-drop bomb, but I wish there was a way that didn't involve counters on an aura.

Is it strange for a white enchantment to prevent blocking but not attacking? We have Authority of the Consuls and Star-Crowned Stag but it feels stranger on an aura.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm 

I'd say that, colour-wise, it's more in line with everything from Burden of Guilt to Oppressive Rays to the recent Take Vengeance. Yeah, it'd be nice to do without age counters, but I wanted to get across the idea that things keep getting "piled on" because Dudibus said in another thread that he was having one of those days ;)

Like this post