It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 am 

The "and" on the first card was superfluous

Defense Pylon was certainly tame to lame but I felt Power wasn't quite. In retrospect, I think you have the right of it. The :c::c: is in addition to whatever the land produced naturally but I did still kind of play it safe with it being just ability mana, given Overgrowth...

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:59 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

Ya i have a hell of a time coming up with new mechanics. I agree it is messy. Plus the whole 'fully' enhanced thing is likely not adding much for all the rules baggage that comes with it.

Cato

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:02 pm 

Gonna go ahead and necro this.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:38 pm 

It seems like Pacific Ninja has gone MIA. I sent a PM to their inbox a few weeks back and got no response.

Dudibus, do you want to design a plane for the next booster? If not, let me know and I'll do it!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:25 pm 

Sorry about my absence, guys, and thanks for trying to get a hold of me, Jo and Parad! This is, obviously, totally my fault. I can still design a set for this round by tonight, or I'd be fine to hand down the role to someone who didn't keep y'all waiting for X weeks

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:51 pm 

You got it, Pacific Ninja. Go ahead and design the set for the round.

No need to apologize. I understand life gets in the way sometimes. Hope things are going well!

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:53 am 

Thanks, Jo! Things are fine, and I hope they are with you as well

Plane: Trathyri

Trathyri is a plane of inspirations. It is said that its Muses reside throughout the plane, as guardians, as galvanizers, and as governors. It is even said that every last individual shares their life with a corresponding Muse.

Trathyri's Muses permeate every color in some way, but are not represented as creatures themselves.

: Harmonize (Whenever you attack with this creature and exactly one other creature, both creatures' powers become the highest power among attacking creatures you control until end of turn.)
The Elves of Quezori, known for their warrior druids. The normal forte elves possess of communing with nature is only amplified by the presence of the Muses. As the States of Durandai encroach closer and closer to their forest lands, war seems all but inevitable.

: Discord X Whenever this creature attacks, defending player chooses a creature. That creature gets -X/-0 until end of turn. Then, if defending player controls more than one creature, they choose a creature. That creature gets -0/-X until end of turn.)
The States of Durandai. Once a collective of Free states, their powers have been consolidated under the forces of the Kurohse. The Kurohse, at their center, is a cabal of vedalken, having gained strength from their experiments and research into the focal power of Trathyri, the Muses.

: Cascade returns from Alara Reborn!
The Seranday, nomads in search of hidden meaning behind their Muses' whispers. They travel from place to place, seeking both places of power and moments of serenity. While this faction is composed of individuals rather than a nation or empire, most Seranday are united by their search for meaning.

: Sagas return!

EDIT: added more mechanics and a bit more flavor

Last edited by Pacific Ninja on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:09 am 

Cacophonous Chorus
:4::b:
Creature - Siren {C}
Flying, Discord 2
Their discordant song shatters minds.
3/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 am 

Guards of the throne :1::u:
Creature-Human soldier
Discord 3
3/3

Slighly better than moat piranhas but that one was pretty meh in limited anyway

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm 

You forgot Defender, HW. Right now that's a 3/3 for 2 that casts Agony Warp when it attacks.

Chanter of Elegies
:b:
Creature - Spirit
Whenever Chanter of Elegies or another creature dies, put a lore counter on target Saga.
1/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:56 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Quezori Hymn
Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains Harmonize until end of turn.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:53 pm 

Disharmonic Dirge
:4::b::b:
Instant {C}
Choose one -
  • Destroy target creature.
  • Destroy two target creatures if they have the same power.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:32 am 

You forgot Defender, HW. Right now that's a 3/3 for 2 that casts Agony Warp when it attacks.

I know, seems balanced to me tho.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:08 pm 

I see. I just assumed based on your touchstone card that you meant for it to be a puzzle and not a blue hyper-Watchwolf.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:10 pm 

I see. I just assumed based on your touchstone card that you meant for it to be a puzzle and not a blue hyper-Watchwolf.

I don't think people will attack very often with it, especially in limited where the defending player probably controls 2 creatures or more.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:03 pm 

I think there may be confusion whether Discord was meant to target any creature or just creatures the defending player controls.

Sudden Realization -
Instant | C
As an additional cost to cast Sudden Realization, discard a card.
Draw a card.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm 

Yeah, that does seem to be the case.

Late Inspiration
:r:
Creature - Spirit {C}
When you cast Late Inspiration, target creature gains haste until end of turn. If no mana was spend to cast it, that creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn.
0/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:52 am 

Quezori Trumpeter -
Creature - Elf Warrior | C
First strike
When Quezori Trumpeter enters the battlefield, target creature you control gets +2/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Quezori warriors rely on their harmonious relationships to strengthen themselves in battle.
2/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm 

C9

Writer's Block
:u:
Instant {C}
Exile target spell. After this turn, its owner may cast it from exile without paying its mana cost.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:55 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
C10

Quezori Troubador
Creature - Elf Warrior
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, target creature you control gets +1/+0 and haste until end of turn.
"The Durandai army is upon us; if there was ever a time for us to act as one, now is that time!"
1/2

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next