It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted Realms
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 pm 

Quote:
Right. Variations on a theme. That keeps it more interesting, at least.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:02 pm 

Today's UR (Magic Story): WAR OF THE SPARK: RAVNICA—ASHES

Quote:
War of the Spark: Ravnica—Ashes
Greg Weisman

Rat and her Planeswalker allies launch a last-ditch counterattack against Nicol Bolas, throwing all their hope behind one ancient relic.

If you are currently reading War of the Spark: Ravnica by Greg Weisman and wish to avoid spoilers, the following chapters of the novel overlap with this story: Chapters 50–67.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 am 

Quote:
emracoolio asked:
Will Core 2020 have a story?

markrosewater
It will not.

This is my frowning face. :(

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 am 

AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
emracoolio asked:

markrosewater
It will not.

That's not entirely accurate.
Core 2020 will have a comic run.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:01 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
At least we have the Django Wexler chapters to give us something to read for a bit (even though they should've come out a while ago).

Speaking of which, does anyone know how many chapters we're supposed to get for that?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:36 pm 

I believe we are getting twenty chapters, five of which have already been released. Meaning that we will finally have the entirety of the Guilds of Ravnica/Ravnica Allegience story by mid-October, 10 months after Ravnica Allegience's release and after "Archery" has already released.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
emracoolio asked:

markrosewater
It will not.

So in looking up if the Chandra comic had any recent updates, I ran across this. https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/magic-the-gathering-chandra-trials-of-alara-1/
First, I find it odd to announce a new series for August when we haven't even gotten the last two issues of the first series. Second, if this actually comes to fruition, it might be nice to see Chandra and Jace interacting one on one, a dynamic that was sorely lacking in the online stories (seriously, did they ever interact with each other outside of a group scene?)
Edit: Apparently this was announced back in May so /shrug.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm 

Identity: Goblin Piker
VLW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:
AzureShade wrote:

So in looking up if the Chandra comic had any recent updates, I ran across this. https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/magic-the-gathering-chandra-trials-of-alara-1/
First, I find it odd to announce a new series for August when we haven't even gotten the last two issues of the first series. Second, if this actually comes to fruition, it might be nice to see Chandra and Jace interacting one on one, a dynamic that was sorely lacking in the online stories (seriously, did they ever interact with each other outside of a group scene?)

Jace and Chandra interacted a little bit in the webcomics, mostly having to do with the Eye of Ugin and the ghostfire scroll, which I think is actually how they met.

Speaking of, WHY HAVE WE NEVER SEEN CHANDRA USE GHOSTFIRE SINCE. THAT SURE WOULD BE INTERESTING.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm 

Because Ugin is the worst thing to have happened to magic lore since the mending and his very existence is a cascade of bad decisions and slap dash retcons trying to figure out how to make him relevant or even functional.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:55 pm 

Jman22 wrote:
VLW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Jace and Chandra interacted a little bit in the webcomics, mostly having to do with the Eye of Ugin and the ghostfire scroll, which I think is actually how they met.

Speaking of, WHY HAVE WE NEVER SEEN CHANDRA USE GHOSTFIRE SINCE. THAT SURE WOULD BE INTERESTING.

Sorry, you are absolutely correct, but I didn't clarify. I meant post-Gatewatch interactions. When I asked that question, I was thinking back to the WotS novel where Chandra thought about how she had come to love Jace like a brother, something that we had very little indication of outside of group shots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:56 pm 

Identity: Goblin Piker
Barinellos wrote:
Because Ugin is the worst thing to have happened to magic lore since the mending and his very existence is a cascade of bad decisions and slap dash retcons trying to figure out how to make him relevant or even functional.

Ugin should have stayed dead and everything would have been much better off.

Especially since they have evidently written him out of action. Idk I still haven't passed chapter 3 of the War novel because of how badly it was bungled.

In fact, I haven't really bothered with any story stuff since I set down that book. It also correlates to when I stopped playing mtg as much.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm 

Jman22 wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Ugin should have stayed dead and everything would have been much better off.

Especially since they have evidently written him out of action. Idk I still haven't passed chapter 3 of the War novel because of how badly it was bungled.

In fact, I haven't really bothered with any story stuff since I set down that book. It also correlates to when I stopped playing mtg as much.

It stretches to when they tried to shoehorn Ugin into Tarkir as the macguffin.
Firstly was trying to work out what the hell colorless magic was beyond just what ultimately became Devoid spells.Secondly was that Tarkir was marketed as his homeworld and they floated the idea he was an Elder to much backlash and backpedaling.
Which they later rolled back on both fronts.

But they still never figured out what power suite he was capable of, so we got a Nissa situation, where he did whatever the story called for him to do, which meant it remained all over the place.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288