It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm 
Wizards Staff

Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/His
I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Sorry you had to go through so much work to get the cards you bought.

#WotCstaff

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm 

Thanks! Well, it was the first time I ran into serious issues of that kind with a Magic product in all the years I've been playing Magic*, and customer service did a good job, so I can totally forgive that. Honestly, the same thing could probably happen to me five more times and I wouldn't be as frustrated about it as I am with what Brand and Creative are doing these days...

*Apart from the general card stock issues with regular sets, anyway, and maybe the foils in C16 to some extent.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm 

Identity: Goblin Piker
I'm surprised that you ended up with beat up cards from the box like that. Seems likely someone opened it up.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm 

Jman22 wrote:
I'm surprised that you ended up with beat up cards from the box like that. Seems likely someone opened it up.
I was more than surprised too, but I don't think it had been opened before. Like, why would anyone go out of their way to open a sealed box without even creasing the cardboard, then opening the sealed wrapping inside, only to randomly damage the deck without stealing any of the cards, then put everything back in and flawlessly reseal it? Besides, some of the lands were slightly glued together and also had visible traces of glue on them when they came apart, and one card had something like a grain of sand or whatever fused into the front, so between that and the various nicks and scratches, I think it was simply a box with which everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong in the manufacturing process. Yeah, this random assortment of damages probably sounds really strange when I describe it like that, but I swear it's true. I was actually too baffled to even be angry or anything when I opened it, it was just too much of a wtf moment. But hey, I sent them pictures and they replaced everything, and the new foils from the other deck look like they're supposed to as well, so it turned out fine after a few weeks. That said, I'd still recommend they don't use that kind of foil process anymore, it's just kinda strange and cheap looking compared to the original one, even when the printing quality itself is fine.

Like this post