It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: M:EM High School
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:38 pm 

Cheating Time

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:46 pm 

And, because everyone's expecting me to make a lewd pun just because Mari's a unicorn and had a horn, here's one: It's great that Antine got leied twice that night!

:rimshot:

I'm glad somebody made that joke! :D

Cheating Time

Teenage Denner reminds me so much of Anthony Michael Hall in "The Breakfast Club." Even when it seems like the cool kids are finally starting to accept him, it's really just so that they can get him to write their essay for them... :face:

(Funny story, apropos of nothing. I was reading up on "The Breakfast Club" the other day, and I didn't realize that my favorite line in the movie -- when Anthony Michael Hall admits to having a fake ID, and, when the other kids ask him why, he deadpans perfectly, "so I can vote" -- was apparently an ad-lib.)

I love the idea that maybe what's happening is that Alessa is sort of staring ahead into the possible futures where she does get Denner to cheat for her, seeing what answers he signals, and then using those answers in the actual present, so that she never actually has to ask him a question. It feels like exactly the sort of scheme she'd figure out how to pull off, and, of course, at the end of it all, poor Denner would have no idea that he'd been used.

Anyway, I love it, Raven! This thread continues to be one of the bright spots in my life. Thanks for instigating the whole thing, and for sharing another awesome story!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:56 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Well played, Alessa. The title is a little bait and switch, since she doesn't exactly use her time powers. In these kind of environments, her precognition is just priceless: plan a prank on her? Just sidestepped. Trick questions? What trick questions?

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My M:EM creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:05 pm 

Teenage Denner reminds me so much of Anthony Michael Hall in "The Breakfast Club." Even when it seems like the cool kids are finally starting to accept him, it's really just so that they can get him to write their essay for them... :face:

Yeah, that seems a lot like Denner to me. Much knowledge, little wisdom. That's Denner. And of course, always a sucker for a pretty face (or other attributes). Barinellos has always said that Alessa would completely take Denner for a ride, so this was my little exploration of that.

(Funny story, apropos of nothing. I was reading up on "The Breakfast Club" the other day, and I didn't realize that my favorite line in the movie -- when Anthony Michael Hall admits to having a fake ID, and, when the other kids ask him why, he deadpans perfectly, "so I can vote" -- was apparently an ad-lib.)

Good to know! I'll need to rewatch that movie. It's been a bit of a while.

I love the idea that maybe what's happening is that Alessa is sort of staring ahead into the possible futures where she does get Denner to cheat for her, seeing what answers he signals, and then using those answers in the actual present, so that she never actually has to ask him a question. It feels like exactly the sort of scheme she'd figure out how to pull off, and, of course, at the end of it all, poor Denner would have no idea that he'd been used.

I was hoping that would come through, because that's exactly what I envisioned happening. She sets up the con, and just having Denner ready for it means that she can forecast into the immediate future to see his reaction. Saves her from having to forecast all the way to getting the graded test back, you know? Denner, as you say, is none the wiser.

Still, I bet sitting near Denner during a test is a desirable position during tests...

Anyway, I love it, Raven! This thread continues to be one of the bright spots in my life. Thanks for instigating the whole thing, and for sharing another awesome story!

Glad to be of service! Now all we need is a catchy theme song. So far I've just been humming the theme to Rock n' Roll High School and replacing "Rock n' Roll" with "M:EM"...

Well played, Alessa. The title is a little bait and switch, since she doesn't exactly use her time powers. In these kind of environments, her precognition is just priceless: plan a prank on her? Just sidestepped. Trick questions? What trick questions?

Thanks for reading! Yeah, Alessa uses her precognition here, at least we assume she did, but not her chronomancy. As far as we know, anyway!

Like this post