It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369 ... 376  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:34 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
It's great to have you back! Glad to hear you're satisfied with your pause, look forward to see you around! Whatever time you'll spend here will be certainly appreciated :)

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My M:EM creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am 

Ruwin! I had every intention of continuing the Wanderer arc, but my writing output has been nearly non-existent. I did start writing something last year, but it is still in my ever growing WIP folder. And now you are back, so I don't have to write it a myself anymore anyway. I will sneak into your inbox soon with details...

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 pm 

Identity: Human
Woah, hey, awesome, Ruwin's back!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

So, yeah, I've decided to more or less make a return and more or less be a presence on the board again. I can't remember if I've been gone a little over or a little under a year, but every time I came back to lurk I just sort of wished I was back.

Well, your "I'm going on hiatus" post was in September, so that means you've been gone about 8 months. Personally, I consider that WAY LESS than "a little under a year", but also too much to be considered "just over half a year".

--------

In personal news, my work has become quite mentally taxing as of late. Reducing it down to extreme simplicity (and losing some context in the process), we've basically been told that they want us to do the same or more work, with less people, and no vacation.

Also does anyone know of someone who plays OGRE? As far as I can tell, it's some kind of sci-fi wargame. I got a box of figures in a raffle and don't know what to do with it. It's a "retailer box" which, from what I've seen on ebay, goes for around $100, but I don't really need the money and I'm kind of scared of being an outright seller because I have so few opportunities to even go to a post office. Point being, I want to get rid of the figures, whether I find a buyer, do an exchange, or give it for free to a good home.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:18 am 

I'm in a small conundrum.
A coworker is back in town for the summer and picking up a few hours working with us again. She's gone off to college and it's nice to see her again, as she's just one of the sweetest girls I know.
But I'm also attracted to her.
The conundrum comes in that there were a few comments she casually tossed out tonight that suggest she might be open to the idea of asking her out, but I have NO clue if I should be reading into that at all.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:46 am 

I would say go for it, but keep it casual and low key. Let her know that you would like to get to know her better, but that you won't be offended if she says no. And make sure to prime yourself to be able to say that honestly. That way, if you did misread the situation, no harm done.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

@Aaargh: Hey, whenever you got time. My inbox will be there, and so, presumably, will I.

@Barinellos: Don't overthink it, man. Sometimes, you just gotta act.

@LordLuna: Hehe, thanks for the welcome. Just 8 months? Jeez. It felt like forever. Well, you know what they say, "Every day feels the same, but look back, and everything seems different."

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:17 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
A coworker is back in town for the summer and picking up a few hours working with us again. She's gone off to college and it's nice to see her again, as she's just one of the sweetest girls I know.
The conundrum comes in that there were a few comments she casually tossed out tonight that suggest she might be open to the idea of asking her out, but I have NO clue if I should be reading into that at all.

Ask her out. Maybe keep it casual -- go bowling or something else that's a very low key "date", that you could enjoy as friends, but inaction is the wrong answer. 90% of my life regrets, especially interpersonal regrets, are about inaction in some form or another (and the remaining 10% are about unfortunate circumstances). And if she's as sweet as you say you'll still be able to have a good time if she's not interested in you that way. A lady that would cut off being friends if you ask politely and take rejection gracefully isn't the nice girl you make her out to be.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:01 am 

Good to be back.

Words cannot express, my friend. Words cannot express. :D

Right now my focus is on finishing TWoaS and getting it released in a reasonable time frame. It's shaping up to become my most ambitious work and potentially fantastic for getting my name out into wider game development/interactive fiction circles, so I'm doing my best to see it through.

I just continue to be blown away by what you're creating with TWoaS. It's a huge undertaking, but everything about it is so beautifully written, and the world feels so lived-in and real, because there's always just the right, telling little detail about everything in it. It's so cool to see it continuing to come together, and, not only is a great demo reel for you as a writer and designer, it's just a really cool game in its own right.

Straight talk, CKY -- you do dynamite work, and, if it's what you want to do, then you're going to hit this business like a ton of bricks. :D

In personal news, my work has become quite mentally taxing as of late. Reducing it down to extreme simplicity (and losing some context in the process), we've basically been told that they want us to do the same or more work, with less people, and no vacation.

Yick. That is -- to use the technical term for it -- No Good. :(

I hope that things start getting better soon, Luna -- or that some other opportunity presents itself! Just don't wear yourself down to powder, okay? We love you too much for that.

Barinellos wrote:

Talk to her! See if she'd like to hang out! (With the one important caveat being to do it outside of working hours.)

90% of my life regrets, especially interpersonal regrets, are about inaction in some form or another (and the remaining 10% are about unfortunate circumstances).

It's not just you, Tev. That's pretty much the story of the human condition. We end up regretting the chances we don't take, and not the ones that we do. With relationships. With jobs. With everything, really.

And I don't say that through the benefit of some great personal wisdom, because I'm as just bad or worse at it as everyone else. :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:40 am 

@Barinellos: The advice I've read so far seems pretty sound; if she's as sweet as you say, she'll look past any little misstep so there's no need to worry as long as you take it easy. (it can be a tall order sometimes, I know, crossing my fingers for you) I agree with OL about the nature of regret.

@LordLuna: I hear you, that sucks. Hope it gets better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

I've been feeling the urge lately to work on a few of my stories. This is partly because I've managed to find just enough time and motivation to read a few (very) short stories and some blog posts about writing good stories. But because of the afore mentioned upper-management-interference at work, I have had little energy to do anything other than lie down and rest. Meanwhile I've kind of finally discovered the beauty of FLGSs, and the last few weekends have seen me playing and buying a bunch of new board games and such.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 pm 

A few hours early, but I thought I'd wish everyone a happy Mother's Day. Make your mother feel appreciated, maybe? (I find it hard to give that as a pure blanket statement with so many people [including one of my meatspace friends] having estranged relationship with their mothers.)

Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:58 am 

So, I just discovered that there is a completely serious academic paper titled Does Belgium (still) exist? and I thought I'd share for a chuckle.

https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080 ... 0600968802

Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm 

So, I just discovered that there is a completely serious academic paper titled Does Belgium (still) exist? and I thought I'd share for a chuckle.

https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080 ... 0600968802

Wait, wut? Everybody knows Belgium is just an European front for underco-*black-clad operatives appear* Um, I meant, everybody knows Belgium has a complicated history and very complex culture...

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 pm 

M:EM related. Some may remember my currently unfinished Ravnica cycle. I got inspired to write a scene from a later tale, though concerning at least one character those who recall the earlier stories may remember.

Spoiler

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 pm 

Well, you know what they say: "All is wellgium that ends in Belgium."

Okay, I'm about 70% sure nobody has ever said that before...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm 

A few hours early, but I thought I'd wish everyone a happy Mother's Day. Make your mother feel appreciated, maybe? (I find it hard to give that as a pure blanket statement with so many people [including one of my meatspace friends] having estranged relationship with their mothers.)

I decided to take a leaf from Marwyn's book, and just wish a happy Sunday to all the nurturers out there.

And, in the process of doing that, I found this photoshopped version of Marwyn, the Nurturer, which is, like, the most accurate depiction of child rearing I can think of. Kids are a handful!

Attachments:
6KZ2Sh9.jpg
6KZ2Sh9.jpg [ 28.67 KiB | Viewed 2594 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 pm 

I was supposed to have an interview for a summer job today. The interview was supposed to happen over Skype. Three hours before it was supposed to happen, the power went out. And stayed out for most of the day. Fortunately I was able to communicate with them, and the interview is rescheduled for Tuesday. Still a bummer, though.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
I was supposed to have an interview for a summer job today. The interview was supposed to happen over Skype. Three hours before it was supposed to happen, the power went out. And stayed out for most of the day. Fortunately I was able to communicate with them, and the interview is rescheduled for Tuesday. Still a bummer, though.

Ouch. That is really unfortunate. Well, I hope everything goes well when the interview does happen!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:59 pm 

I legit want a tabletop game in which instead of classes, you choose harem archetypes.
It is otherwise indistinguishable from other RPG's

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:22 pm 

Identity: Male
Barinellos wrote:
I legit want a tabletop game in which instead of classes, you choose harem archetypes.
It is otherwise indistinguishable from other RPG's

Well I do know of a harem anime RPG. That's as close as I'v got though.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?290243-High-School-Harem-Comedy-(Game-System-PEACH)

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369 ... 376  Next