It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:04 pm 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
Always wanted to see an uber vamp that ate bone marrow instead of blood. Seems like a logical step up.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm 

Apropos of nothing, I would love to see a giant who uses a ballista as a crossbow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:10 pm 

I had an idea a while ago about a green faction that stood opposed to the light/dark dichotomy of white and black, something more in line with Zen Buddhist philosophies of the whole and the necessity of both. The problem is green is a piece of garbage for applicable philosophy given how they've never fully capitalized on its depths and dumbed it into "er-hur nature" and brainless savagery.

Similarly, I'd like to see a setting where Red views its anarchy and chaos as an inherent rejection of order and predetermination that INCLUDES black's love of order, it's need to be as zealous and hierarchical as white. Almost like Otaria, but not actually total garbage.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:59 pm 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
I could see that take on green working. Green is the color of conservatism, and the conservative mindset seems many forms of hardship as part of the natural order, to be endured instead of fought. That or just have the world's health rely on a cycle of death and rebirth that means rejecting death means rejecting new life. Same deal with some sort of karmic system.
Red black tends toward libertarian thinking- zero restrictions mean the biggest and baddest are free to subjugate others in pursuit of their own freedom.
Red white and perhaps red blue would be liberalism - Equal freedom for all, perhaps enforced through a central power, to achieve maximum total freedom.
Pure red and red green would reject either form of control system so that everybody has the same rights but probably not the ability to achieve their goals.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:04 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
I'm begging you, don't come to me now.

Because I wouldn't be able to do justice to my love for you, and it would kill me.

EDIT: I actually made a non-MtG piece starting with those lines, so here's another one:

"Only fools don't learn from the winter."

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43