It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:32 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
You, on the other hand, were the direct cause of town losing this because of your unwillingness to work with your team, your intentional desire to play against your team's win con, and your bias towards me.

This really made me laugh.

KoD has the most blame for Town's loss in this game for being unwilling to adjust his "optimal town strategy" to the circumstances of the bastard game at hand. Its the mafia equivalent of drafting a black MTG deck in a known meta where 80% of the players run black-hate cards that are superior to any answer black could come up with. But go ahead and blame Aaarrrgh for doing what he thought was necessary to score a win (a win, might I add, that he is most likely to achieve at this point so good for him).

_________________
Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:38 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3388
powertowning probably ended up being the more effective strategy this game but nobody had any way of knowing that at the start of the game

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4157
Location: Here. Always.
@Zinger:

Your argument (not your erroneous mtg comparison) implies that my death is the cause for town losing. If that is the case, then Arrgh is just as much to blame for my death. More so for not being willing to group with claimed teammates, and his unwillingness to pursue you in a lynch.

Besides, as I pointed out and showed, Arrgh had no serious intent on preventing my death, otherwise he'd have called Rag off of me to pursue Shock if he was serious about it. The only thing Arrgh was concerned with doing was not going with my plan, and instead trying to force me to go with what he wanted least I die.

And in case there is any confusion, he didn't want to lynch you, Zinger.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:17 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4157
Location: Here. Always.
As a b t dubs, I never blamed Arrgh for pursuing a win. I've, numerous times, stated he can approach the game however he likes as opposed to saying he should approach it a certain way.

What I have blamed him for is playing against his win con (initially) and causing town to lose. He's done more to make that clear with his own words than I could do using my own to paint the picture.

Again, he can play how he wants; however, it is quite clear he has done as he's said in the past for allowing 3ps to get the upper hand over town. All while pushing an agenda that, ultimately, ushered in the game state.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 2400
Location: California
Identity: Rubik
My only issue with killing KoD is that it means that the dead players don't have a mechanism to win anymore (because we can no longer bring them back) but, knowing KoD, he likely wouldn't bring them back unless it was in a way that caused trouble.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:34 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Rubik wrote:
My only issue with killing KoD is that it means that the dead players don't have a mechanism to win anymore (because we can no longer bring them back) but, knowing KoD, he likely wouldn't bring them back unless it was in a way that caused trouble.

Bringing back dead players is of little interest to me, at this point. :bored:

_________________
Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:25 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Zinger2099 wrote:
Rubik wrote:
My only issue with killing KoD is that it means that the dead players don't have a mechanism to win anymore (because we can no longer bring them back) but, knowing KoD, he likely wouldn't bring them back unless it was in a way that caused trouble.

Bringing back dead players is of little interest to me, at this point. :bored:

That's a pun, for anyone who caught episode 7 of my streamed D&D game last night. ;) :V

_________________
Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:50 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 2400
Location: California
Identity: Rubik
Zinger2099 wrote:
Rubik wrote:
My only issue with killing KoD is that it means that the dead players don't have a mechanism to win anymore (because we can no longer bring them back) but, knowing KoD, he likely wouldn't bring them back unless it was in a way that caused trouble.

Bringing back dead players is of little interest to me, at this point. :bored:

I care about it, but not strongly.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:01 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 598
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Day's End

Final Count:
KoD: Rag, Tevish, Zinger
Zinger: KoD

And so KoD is once again dead. In death, he has a name. My bloody Valentine. <3

It is now night. Night will end either ~48 hours from now or when all roles are in.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 598
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Day Break

After a quick night, we enter Day 6. Play your cards right and you can end this game.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3388
Vote: No Lynch

i'm happy giving everyone who's currently alive a cult victory

if zinger wants me to kill someone i'll switch my vote in the interest of hurrying things along though

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:23 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 2904
Location: Arizona, USA
Yeah, guess that's the case.

Vote: No lynch

Either way can't speed things up myself.

_________________
RPG Personality
D&D Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 2400
Location: California
Identity: Rubik
Vote: No lynch

It was CL that caused the earlier death btw.

Apparently he killed anyone who targeted him and if no one targeted him whoever was the last to vote for him or something like that.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3388
flips now include alignment in the OP and naga is listed as mafia

don't think this changes anything but thought it was worth noting

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Ragnarokio wrote:
flips now include alignment in the OP and naga is listed as mafia

don't think this changes anything but thought it was worth noting

Maybe his alignment reverted upon death, for some reason?

Vote: No Lynch

_________________
Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
In theory, the game should end toNight when I cult Shock.

_________________
Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3388
that should be game one way or another

lets see how things pan out

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 2904
Location: Arizona, USA
I think the reason alignments are shown now is that rez is now not an option.

Ancient Egyptian role and all that.

_________________
RPG Personality
D&D Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 598
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Game's End

The final day ends in a no Lynch, leading into Zinger corrupting the final member of the living. With cult being the only living alignment the game state draws to a close.

A quick check of your task lists reveals only two players have succeeded in completing their aims. Rubik successfully pmed the Mod. Zinger successfully converted the living to his cult. The remaining players failed to achieve their ends and have lost the game.

Town MVP: KoD - KoD's initial plan would have wiped out most of the town threats; he continued to push against town threats even after losing his win con.
Mafia MVP: Rag - Rag has consistently nailed the setup of the game, albeit failing on following through on it.
3p MVP: Zinger - for successfully securing a long drawn out solo win.

Design


As Rag predicted, Zinger's culting didn't change win conditions. This was subtly noted in players being told the only thing that had changed about their role PM was their alignment. Nobody bothered to ask about it though and just assumed they'd win under the cult umbrella. As Rubik said, CL killed Naga with the secondary clause of his ability. Rubik and Amber's JoaT deaths were self inflicted. Both the mafia and town had methods beyond the lynch of removing bulletproof cult, in that the mafia was specifically given the poison kill to bypass those roles. Town's JoaT actual kill isn't gun based (as it's a botched protect) and bypasses the bulletproof as well. For the most part the game was a straight forward setup, however, with the bastardized elements being player determined and the bastard angle being played up early on to incite false panic. The discrepancy in the vote counts was because only the OP held the true vote count whereas the vote counts posted in line allowed for the individual role alterations to remain hidden (Rag's control didn't show through; Aaarrrgh's vote was never displayed in them). I think that's about it for the game flow issues.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 2400
Location: California
Identity: Rubik
JD let me in on what was happening with the cult but I figured Zinger had earned his win, so I kept my mouth shut about it.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group