It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:36 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
Ragnarokio wrote:
m
also how does sending the disk to me kill scum even if i am scum?


Because the disc mission is all but custom built to identify scum . I can do basic math, so it's fairly easy to determine that scum holding discs is essentially a death sentence if town is even reasonably organized, as it's almost impossible to hide once information starts going public, at least as long as town loses the mission.

So either town wins the mission because and all is well, and my action is a wash, or I've given a disc to a dubious actor, in which case the known distribution of discs creations a constellation of facts that closes in on the enemy.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
Skystone wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:
m
also how does sending the disk to me kill scum even if i am scum?


Because the disc mission is all but custom built to identify scum . I can do basic math, so it's fairly easy to determine that scum holding discs is essentially a death sentence if town is even reasonably organized, as it's almost impossible to hide once information starts going public, at least as long as town loses the mission.

So either town wins the mission because and all is well, and my action is a wash, or I've given a disc to a dubious actor, in which case the known distribution of discs creations a constellation of facts that closes in on the enemy.


So you chose me because you felt i was the mostly likely person to be town besides yourself, but also you were hoping to give the disk to scum?

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
and again, if holding the disks is a death sentence, then why wouldn't you claim at day start that i had a disk instead of waiting for so long?

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
,@Rag: I explained the late revelation. If I reveal early, you have plausible deniability on the basis that you yourself were just 'waiting' for everyone to make their claims before you make yours. Essentially you can try to turn my argument against me. If I wait until accusations start coming and you've begun positioning yourself against innocent actors, then I can catch you in the act.

Re: leadership. You actively set up a network with everyone involved. The defacto result of this is that you're going to be the positional leader of any movement that you join or frame yourself as being apart of. It's a natural consequence of your own choices, if perhaps not initial intentions (though I still have my doubts).


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:46 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
Ragnarokio wrote:
Skystone wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:
m
also how does sending the disk to me kill scum even if i am scum?


Because the disc mission is all but custom built to identify scum . I can do basic math, so it's fairly easy to determine that scum holding discs is essentially a death sentence if town is even reasonably organized, as it's almost impossible to hide once information starts going public, at least as long as town loses the mission.

So either town wins the mission because and all is well, and my action is a wash, or I've given a disc to a dubious actor, in which case the known distribution of discs creations a constellation of facts that closes in on the enemy.


So you chose me because you felt i was the mostly likely person to be town besides yourself, but also you were hoping to give the disk to scum?


You're talking around the truth again. You embedded yourself in a pro-town organization and took control as the de facto representative. This is fine if you're town. It's a game loss if you're a deep state scum or some such. So either your positioning as pro-town is legitimate and the game is in good hands, and my choice is no risk; or else you are embedded scum and I've done something more important than contribute marginally to a mission.

Win win from a town perspective.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4156
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Sky if you flip town, Rag is dead tomorrow. So, in a weird way, your gambit will sort have worked. It just will have taken your death to add credibility to your claim.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
Skystone wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:
Skystone wrote:

Because the disc mission is all but custom built to identify scum . I can do basic math, so it's fairly easy to determine that scum holding discs is essentially a death sentence if town is even reasonably organized, as it's almost impossible to hide once information starts going public, at least as long as town loses the mission.

So either town wins the mission because and all is well, and my action is a wash, or I've given a disc to a dubious actor, in which case the known distribution of discs creations a constellation of facts that closes in on the enemy.


So you chose me because you felt i was the mostly likely person to be town besides yourself, but also you were hoping to give the disk to scum?


You're talking around the truth again. You embedded yourself in a pro-town organization and took control as the de facto representative. This is fine if you're town. It's a game loss if you're a deep state scum or some such. So either your positioning as pro-town is legitimate and the game is in good hands, and my choice is no risk; or else you are embedded scum and I've done something more important than contribute marginally to a mission.

Win win from a town perspective.


while it might be win win the wins are mutually exclusive. You can either try to win the mission and get a point, or you can try to lose the mission and get info about scum. You can't do both. (although you can be happy knowing that no matter what you do the outcome will favour town)

You said you chose me because you thought i was the mostly likely to be town besides you, which implies that you were prioritizing passing the mission, but later you implied that you saw the day 3 mission as "custom built to identify sum" which implies you were prioritizing identifying scum.

Furthermore, if you actually thought the latter were the case, i would have expected you to share your plan with other players, at least privately, since it becomes a lot more feasible when coordinated.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
Zinger2099 wrote:
Sky if you flip town, Rag is dead tomorrow. So, in a weird way, your gambit will sort have worked. It just will have taken your death to add credibility to your claim.

Yes, and that's encouraging. But the +1 mission for mafia that results from my death by lunch essentially ensures that mafia wins the mission competition and gets Shadow.

Like, it's almost safer from that perspective to kill me tomorrow if Rag flips town.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:09 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
for what its worth, no matter what happens today i'm fairly sure neither me nor sky will see the light of tomorrow

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:10 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
also i can't believe i forgot to ask until now, but what were your results on night 2 and 3, sky?

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
@Rag: Like Freddeh, I think OC stuff in mafia is dumb, so I didn't initiate talks. I have only conversed with people who made ouvertures to me (on the basis that I can't in good conscience outright dent undesirable game mechanics).

@Rag: You have effectively just made my argument for me. The supposed fail case of my maneuver is a victory. Thus there is no contradiction of the sort you are implying because I am not trying to meet both aims at once. I am happy with both outcomes, so their mutual exclusivity is irrelevant.

It's like a skewer in chess. Either I take your rook or I take your queen. Either way, I come out advantaged. The fact that so can't take both isn't pertinent to the strategem.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 177
Location: Also Terisia
[url=https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?p=682503#p682503[/url] wrote:
also i can't believe i forgot to ask until now, but what were your results on night 2 and 3, sky?

What in the world do you mean?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
Quote:
tl;dr I gave Rag a disc, and she lied about it hoping that she had the missing one.


i just went back to this part of your case

If i were scum and you were town then your perspective would be that you sent me a disk and that the reason i lied about not receiving one was that i was gambling on it coming from minish and not from you.

Would you agree that I'd have no reason to say i hadn't received a disk if i was under the impression at the time that there was not a lost disk?

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 12, 2020
Posts: 36
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/His/Himself
Sup I realized that was maj
I'm tired, feeling a bit sick, and done with late night cycle ends, so I'mma just end things now.
Sky was lynched. They were Maria, the Babyfaced Mafiaoso

TOWN HAS COMPLETED THEIR MISSION FOR THE DAY

You have until 9pm PDT tomorrow to send me your night actions.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:40 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 12, 2020
Posts: 36
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/His/Himself
As Shadow destroyed the last of the gems, the ground began quaking beneath them. One by one, the Sky Troops began falling from the sky, crashing down towards the deserts below. With a quake, so, too did their ship.
Gathering his remaining followers around, Shadow concentrated on creating another Chaos Control portal. As he did so, he imagined a voice speaking to him of a place called..... The ARK.
He remembered something.... a giant lizard..... a fight against that blue hedgehog, and....
"MARIA!"
He stopped for a second, the world fading away from around him, "Maria..... died?"
He looked up into the sky, where, for the first time, he noticed the faint outline of the satellite orbiting the planet. He knew where he needed to go..... to find the Truth.
"Chaos Control!"

NO ONE HAS DIED
END OF STAGE FOUR
HERO MISSION COMPLETED

STAGE 05: SPACE GADGET
As he arrived on the station, more memories began to emerge. Two golden lights flying through the sky... an epic battle... yes. His past laid here. And he would uncover it.

DARK MISSION: Destroy the defense systems! (Successfully block an investigative role in the night)
NORMAL MISSION: Find the Chaos Emerald! (Complete neither the Hero or Dark mission)
HERO MISSION: Race to the Chaos Emerald! (Lynch a mafioso, and do it before the regular end of day)

Phase ends in 48 hours, at 10pm PDT on Tuesday, 20 October 2020
With 10 alive, 6 is majority.

LIVING PLAYERS
Ragnarokio
shadow amber
Zinger2099
SpiritualMaskSalesman
Freddeh
Duskyblue
Aaarrrgh
Rubik
KingofDominaria
Paranoid King

DEAD PLAYERS
Tevish Szat, aka Commander Abraham Tower, the Lyncher, lynched Day Two
15337, aka Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox, the Town Inventor, killed Night Two
Captain Lunch, aka Black Bull, the Mafia 2x Strongman, lynched Day Three
Minish, aka Sonic the Hedgehog, the Town Double-Voter, killed Night Three
Skystone, aka Maria Robotnik, the Babyfaced Mafioso, lynched Day 4


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:36 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4220
Location: Here. Always.
I continue to live.

Life is good.

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:47 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4238
We all survived. That's almost a little bit surprising. I jailed Rag again, partially because I still don't trust her 100% (she has claimed that she could become a cult leader, and I'd prefer if she didn't), but I guess Mafia could have tried to kill her.

_________________
Come and play 3 Card Magic! The Most Minimalistic Magic Format! (TM)

my ego sig


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3509
If anyone besides argh is potentially responsible for missed kills now is the time to claim.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4220
Location: Here. Always.
I'm going to put this out there.

1 missed NK because of the Jailer may be a coincidence.

2 missed NKs because of the Jailer (on the same target) is not a coincidence.



Although I do suppose, given the circumstances of Rag vs Sky, that Rag *could* be auto clear of being scum (even though there is no direct proof of her alignment); however, that neglects a scenario where Rag is also maf in the Rag vs Sky standoff yesterday. Arrgh factoring into this as the cause of two missed NKs is quite interesting too.

Now isn't this exciting? A regular, good old mystery on our hands.

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4156
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Hello Day 5.

I investigated someone last Night, but have yet to receive my result *looks at Deku*.

Also, Rag, fishing for doctors is a terrible ask. I have a better sugestion. If you have a protective role of some kind, hit me up in private (include Deku and Mido in conversation) and tell me all about it! I, personally, would much prefer to keep the doctor(s)'s identity known to only a few at most, and at this point after I have successfully lynched two Mafias, I think I've proven my trustworthiness.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group