It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 454
JayDreven wrote:
M0nster wrote:
So like, is JD, Darkstar, Aaarrrgh, and I the only players left playing this game?


Naga is prone to inattention with bold bursts when he comes back.

This is pretty accurate. Alhtough I'm trying to get better :(


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 454
M0nster wrote:
Aaarrrgh wrote:
@M0nster: I understand that I can look shifty right now, but this is just how I play. I don't do the whole in your face bravado that you and KoD do, and I never will. The fact that you cannot process the concept of other people playing the game differently than you is not my fault.

Nobody is expecting you to change your playstyle. But you've exhibited scumtells since Day 1 and you've still not addressed them. Your response to being perceived as scummy is simply "Okay, yeah I did those things, but just give me one more Day and I'll explain!"

And you've done that two days in a row and expect it to still work?


From what I know about Aaarrggh, he sticks to his NLP so we can probably count on him not lying. If he's telling the truth, I don't hate him not using his ability night one especially if it is of limited utility with a large player pool.

That being said, I've been burnt by NLPs before though. You could also read Aaarggh's comments as saying he's mafia and going to pull off some sort of one time kill and reveal himself.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 454
M0nster wrote:
Well that was... unexpected.

With the heat against KoD (he was almost lynched Day 1), I would think it'd make more sense for Mafia to leave him alive to create more confusion Day 2... Add to that the fact that he had the option of switching teams if we got lucky with our lynch Day 1, and this makes for a very odd mafia hit. Granted, there's no indication the mafia knew KoD's role, but still... seems convenient that the mafia would take out the town traitor for us...

Almost makes more sense as a Vig kill, but then, there was only one kill so it pretty much had to be Mafia, right?

I'm probably reading too much into this.

Time to look at KoD's interactions from Day 1 more closely.


I haven't been playing here all that long, but I think KoD is a pretty normal day 1/night 1 kill, which is unfair IMO to KoD.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4064
Keepalive


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4711
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him
Naga wrote:
That being said, I've been burnt by NLPs before though. You could also read Aaarggh's comments as saying he's mafia and going to pull off some sort of one time kill and reveal himself.


Such is the nature of the NLP. 'Tis a narrow path to be walked to avoid breaking the game. I think I'm getting better at it, though.

_________________
Come and play 3 Card Magic! The Most Minimalistic Magic Format! (TM)

my ego sig


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 07, 2015
Posts: 1010
Location: Austria
@Aaarrrgh: Let's say we believe that you are town and unvote you, would you promise to use your ability at N2 and tell us about your findings directly after?

@JD, M0nster: Who would you prefer to lynch between Naga, Rag, HW and why?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:11 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4711
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him
I hereby promise to use my ability tonight, and that the effects will be made public tomorrow (with the obvious caveat that one or both of these promises could be made void by my death).

_________________
Come and play 3 Card Magic! The Most Minimalistic Magic Format! (TM)

my ego sig


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:16 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 07, 2015
Posts: 1010
Location: Austria
Is this a pinky promise? :D


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 831
Identity: 15377
Keepalive


How very vague of you. I assume this is pertaining to Aaarrrgh since he was the topic of current discussion? Or are you saying keep you alive?

@Dark, in terms of lynching strictly based on lurking I'd probably lean HW based on the assessment in my last post. If we have an expectation of future content, even in limited capacity, that places them as a higher priority save over an unknown quantity (or quality given HW's last post) in HW's future content. With that said I'd rather lynch on suspicious behavior wherever that may lead though.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:32 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 454
JayDreven wrote:
Keepalive


How very vague of you. I assume this is pertaining to Aaarrrgh since he was the topic of current discussion? Or are you saying keep you alive?

@Dark, in terms of lynching strictly based on lurking I'd probably lean HW based on the assessment in my last post. If we have an expectation of future content, even in limited capacity, that places them as a higher priority save over an unknown quantity (or quality given HW's last post) in HW's future content. With that said I'd rather lynch on suspicious behavior wherever that may lead though.

I agree that I'd rather lynch HW over the typical lurker (please don't lynch me) since he didn't really want to play in the first place, but I also agree that we should be lynching scum first if possible.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 07, 2015
Posts: 1010
Location: Austria
Naga wrote:
I agree that I'd rather lynch HW over the typical lurker (please don't lynch me) since he didn't really want to play in the first place, but I also agree that we should be lynching scum first if possible.

Why not both!? :)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4064
You are reading too much, it was an empty message to not fall into a 48 hours inactivity.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4064
*too much into it


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:03 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4064
Logically I'm kinda expecting a lone mafia at this point?
Seems hard to catch lone mafia.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:08 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 07, 2015
Posts: 1010
Location: Austria
I was under the impression that there would be 2 Mafia Aligned players with 8 players total, no?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 831
Identity: 15377
DaRkStAr wrote:
I was under the impression that there would be 2 Mafia Aligned players with 8 players total, no?


Quarter of the game is a standard scum assumption. KoD's role could skew that though.

@Zinger, do we have a confirmed scum number outside of KoD's role? I don't see anything in the OP right off hand.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4499
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
JayDreven wrote:
@Zinger, do we have a confirmed scum number outside of KoD's role? I don't see anything in the OP right off hand.

How many Mafia there are is not public knowledge from the outset of the game. The Town win condition merely states you must eliminate them all, with no hint given as to how many that is (although a very strict interpretation of the word "all" would suggest there are more than one—then again, the presence of KoD's role could be the reason that was worded that way, since he had the ability to become Mafia Aligned). Given standard assumptions coupled with the stated complexity of this game being low, you could probably guess how many there are on your first attempt. I'll tell you this much, if the Town manages to eliminate at least one Mafia Aligned player, it will immediately become evident how many there are left to find if any.

Votecount 2.2
Aaarrrgh (2): M0nster, DaRkStAr
Naga (1): Aaarrrgh


Not voting: Hello World, JayDreven, Naga, Ragnarokio

With 7 players alive, the Majority is 4 votes. If a Majority was not met, the player with the most votes is Lynched instead at Deadline unless there is a tie, in which case no one is Lynched. Currently, Aaarrrgh is at L -2.

Day 2 will last until Thursday at 7 PM EST. At the time of writing, just under 24 hours remain to the Day.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 21, 2020
Posts: 124
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her
Yeah, sorry, no. I'm not buying it, Aaarrrgh.

I keep running it over in my head, and it comes down to this: why in the hell would the Mafia not hit you last Night if you are what you say you are? Outed Town power role in a game that purportedly has few power roles, and the Mafia just lets that slide to instead axe KoD? It doesn't make sense. The only reason I can think of as to why the Mafia would hit KoD instead of you would be if they somehow felt threatened by him, and looking back at Day 1's shenanigans, the only people he really harped on for any great length of time was you and Darkstar, and Darkstar isn't giving me scum vibes. You, on the other hand...

What's going to happen tomorrow after you've delivered on this supposed promise? Will somebody turn up dead and you'll claim Town Vigilante? Oh, and I bet the Mafia's kill will conveniently get blocked, too.

If someone without a NLP was trying to get away with the **** you're trying to get away with, we'd all be on their coattails, but because you have a NLP you're supposed to get a pass? Nuh-uh. Not on my watch.

You had your chance to go into the Night with a vague "weak power role" claim yesterday, and you blew it. Too bad, so sad. I'm not about to give you another chance, not while I have a vote.

DaRkStAr wrote:
@JD, M0nster: Who would you prefer to lynch between Naga, Rag, HW and why?

If Aaarrrgh wasn't on the table, and for some reason I was forced to pick between those three, I'd probably lean on Naga. All of them are lurkers so it's hard to get a read, but Rag deserves a chance to replace her keyboard and HW just isn't acting like someone who is on the scum team. "I don't care about this game because I never signed up, I just want to avoid ruining it for everyone" doesn't jive with scum, IMO. If he were scum, he'd presumably have another teammate (assuming 2 mafia) to lean on and sheep. I think it'd be less "I just don't want to ruin it" and more "I'll just do whatever my scummate tells me to do." Granted, he's not exactly helping us find scum, but I also doubt he is scum. So that leaves Naga.

_________________
I'm still a savage;
underestimate me and
you'll lose a pinky


-a haiku by m0nster


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4711
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him
I honestly believe that using my ability last night would have been detrimental to town. As for why scum wouldn't fit an of power role, I can think of a few reasons. Being the most obvious kill target also makes you the most likely doc target, for instance.

I can also think of other reasons to kill KoD. He is one of the strongest players around, and he tends to take control and set the pace of the conversation. He is also prone to do the unexpected (see last game, where he swing on Zinger at the last moment after having been buddies all day up until that point). That means someone who wasn't currently on KoD's radar might have decided to kill him before they became a target. I'm not accusing you specifically as I don't currently have a good reason to believe you are scum, but you are benefiting a lot from the fact that KoD died convinced that you are town and now has no chance to change his mind. Again, this is just a hypothetical, but it shows that there are good reasons for pretty much anyone to kill him.

_________________
Come and play 3 Card Magic! The Most Minimalistic Magic Format! (TM)

my ego sig


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:11 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 07, 2015
Posts: 1010
Location: Austria
Zinger2099 wrote:
How many Mafia there are is not public knowledge from the outset of the game. The Town win condition merely states you must eliminate them all, with no hint given as to how many that is (although a very strict interpretation of the word "all" would suggest there are more than one—then again, the presence of KoD's role could be the reason that was worded that way, since he had the ability to become Mafia Aligned). Given standard assumptions coupled with the stated complexity of this game being low, you could probably guess how many there are on your first attempt. I'll tell you this much, if the Town manages to eliminate at least one Mafia Aligned player, it will immediately become evident how many there are left to find if any.

How to say nothing in 500 words :D jk.

M0nster wrote:
Yeah, sorry, no. I'm not buying it, Aaarrrgh.

...

I totally get what you are saying, but still I think there are not enough scumtells to be sure and what he says could absolutely make sense if he is town. Also the upside could be huge if he does something useful N2 and if not, everyone should know that he has to get roundhouse-kicked through the Simpsons living room immediately.
I don't think tunneling on him brings us any further here.

Therefore: Unvote

If there are 2 Mafia in the game, there has to be one between the 3 less active players I mentioned earlier.
I could be wrong here but considering everything, I think we have to lynch HW and you should all vote with me.
The biggest reason for this is, that HW did literally nothing to help town so far. Lynching him has nearly no downside, but of course a big upside if he is scum. Also what M0nster forgot to mention is that KoD (before voting Aaarrrgh to save his life) wrote one of his "tldr posts" where he voted HW.

Vote: Hello World

(There are 15 hours left if i can Math.)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group