It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 am 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
We are all cult leaders, there are nothing but villians here. With that said I didn't need to be transparent in my actions at all. I chose to be so that everybody could have a chance to win. It's apparent you're concerned more about your own victory than the majorities though, as you are the one advocating players lose. Your actions belie your words. I will remain on my path and the chips will fall where they will, however.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:02 am 

VOTE: SHOCK

I believe Jay is more useful alive than dead. This is related to my start-of-day event, after which I can verify for myself his good intentions. Peace is an option, and JD fuels it by helping break the stalemate. Aaarrrgh is either a liar liar pants on fire or, more likely, misled. Since we've got no progress on the NL front, though, I'd rather sacrifice shock. Sorry, Shock.

If NL support appears, I'll hammer it in a heartbeat.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:06 am 

Ugh, I'll let this go on for a bit at least until I have a better chance at figuring you out. At this point I have no reason to trust the person who warned me of your plans over trusting you. Not that I trust either of you. But if you're telling the truth, that's cool I guess.

unvote

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:54 am 

Vote: JD

I for one, am content seeing JD burn. I don't trust him to be telling the truth about his cult, and there are a few details that ring strange to me. Beyond that, the cascading wins victory condition is unreliable even without mechanical shenanigans interfering. All it takes is one or two unplanned targets and several people (including myself) could be out the win.

The longer JD is left unopposed, the harder it will be to stop him, and so I'd like to see him hang sooner rather than later.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 am 

my bloc has spoken, i guess
nothing personal, you know?
vote: jd

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
The only thing that would mess up the Cascade is people intentionally trying to mess it up. Errant targets are negligible as once it's established there aren't competing factions, it's easy enough to check targets and assure everybody is in line. But that both mafia and mathamatical basics that I don't doubt you already know. Given that Tevish claims he's part of your block and you already know I've claimed the order is uncultable and are willing to create a losing situation for him anyway, I'd say it's safe to assume that you are, in fact, an opposing faction that's just making excuses because you can't win in the Cascade. After all, rag cult wouldn't be turning it's back on one of it's own otherwise, now would it?

Lucky for Tevish I can unbind him. I may be truthful and sincere in my intentions, but I'm not naive enough to lay all my cards on the table.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:42 pm 

Vote: Shock

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
It is now Night 4, JayDreven has been Lynched.

Votes against: Rubik, Ragnarokia, and shadow amber

48 hours, yada yada.

Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:43 pm 

You bloody fools.

We could have avoided massive death, but we needed Jay.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:28 pm 

Identity: Rubik
You bloody fools.

We could have avoided massive death, but we needed Jay.

His plan was literally killing everyone but a handful of people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:38 pm 

Yeah, you're pretty wrong about that. But it's a fairly moot point now. If you have a better idea for unsticking us, I'm all ears.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm 

Yeah, you're pretty wrong about that. But it's a fairly moot point now. If you have a better idea for unsticking us, I'm all ears.

I'm pretty sure the plan was killing people and causing a chain win.

It sounded needlessly risky.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm 

I don't have interest in a plan that involves my death.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm 

I'm not sure where you got the idea that your death was essential to the plan.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:13 am 

I was given information that he was planning effectively a pyramid scheme of death.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:15 am 
100th Member!

Freddeh wrote:
Yeah, it was a bad idea Zinger, epistesioaujoirwqj mafia should have taught you that :P.

epistemology

Yeah that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:32 am 

Rubik wrote:

I was given information that he was planning effectively a pyramid scheme of death.

According to the info I was given, "death" would at worst have been like my supposed "death". Which didn't have any mechanical effect,it just meant that particular "Culting" was loud.

Unless we have a resurrectionist who doesn't change the target's role, though, there's not much more point. I'm back to being regular me and deeply concerned that we may very well be trapped in a scenario with, instead of no loss, a whole awful lot.

If you ARE something nonstandard, reach out to me. Let's talk. I want to know what endgames are possible other than "Iterate Prisoners' Dilemma until everyone bloody well chooses to cooperate nine times in a row"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:56 am 

Tevish, you are still listed as dead. And Naga-cult aligned. How do you know that things actually work the way JD told you?

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:55 am 

Because a) those are explained from my PoV and b) the plan hinged, at least partly, on me -- if JD had some sinister aim for the rest of the game, I would have been one of the few people told.

But in any case we totally beansed it on the JD score so it's just a matter of, you know, still trying to get a ship with nine captains to sail straight.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:34 am 

Because a) those are explained from my PoV and b) the plan hinged, at least partly, on me -- if JD had some sinister aim for the rest of the game, I would have been one of the few people told.

But in any case we totally beansed it on the JD score so it's just a matter of, you know, still trying to get a ship with nine captains to sail straight.

The answer to that is to not cult people, fwiw.

That's my plan.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next