It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:19 am 

Because I cannot cult living players, killing me does basically nothing to advance the game toward a conclusion.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:36 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Because I cannot cult living players, killing me does basically nothing to advance the game toward a conclusion.

Yeah but how does it look if she lynches Shock who she says is in her cult. it seems kinda convenient you would cult shock.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:17 am 

Well, it's not like anyone is really trying very hard at this point anyway, from the looks of it.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:54 am 

I don't know what to tell you, Tevish is dead and he's out to get the death cult. Amber wants to backstab her team. I guess we could also have equially fallible plans

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 am 

Well, I have tried and failed to recruit Tevish. So it might be true that he's not entirely dead.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 am 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Aaarrrgh wrote:
Killing me will make it impossible for JD to win.

My current plan is to continually recruit at night, leaving the game in a constant state of unending boredom until all the living players quit, then nobody wins. So it's fine.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:00 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Well, I have tried and failed to recruit Tevish. So it might be true that he's not entirely dead.

Then why not just vote him. Since he was against your death cult in the first place after he's real dead he will flip to death cult, right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 pm 

You say the death cult only wins if something else causes the game to end, but we don't know what can cause the game to end for that. Full culting in one group? The defunct Crimson cult win? Some other ability that hasn't been claimed?

It's a dangerous unknown factor that adds uncertainty to the process of "Eliminate until all are members of one cult" to allow the game to actually end.

I'm cool if this ends up being Cult of (deceased) JD, which is so far the flaw in JD's game-screw plan.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:37 am 

@Tevish
Fearmongering about cults is kind of a scum tell. It's one of those dangerous unknown factors that get policy lynched in normal games.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:35 am 

@Tevish: so what? That still doesn't make me a threat. If anything, that line of thinking should make me less of a priority. Why are you not trying to find these hypothetical game ending people?

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 am 

I have no leads there. If I did, I would be pursuing them, though I cannot currently know if they do currently or ever have existed. What I do know is that my endgame is to, when all living players are members of a single cult, be a member of that cult.

You are a threat to that in two ways. First, you can have a win occur that is NOT my endgame. If it somehow comes to pass before my endgame is reached, I do not win the game as I otherwise would. Therefore, I should naturally seek to eliminate that possibility. Second, by a strict reading of the win conditions, it is very possible to win, while dead, as part of the living Cult. That is, if the JD cult comprises all living players, and I am a dead member of the JD cult, I still win the game. If, on the other hand, I die JD cult but you recruit me and do not meet your special win-con (which you claim to be a fairly difficult thing to do), I lose, rather than winning as I otherwise would. I should naturally seek to negate this possibility.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 am 

killing shock as part of my cult narrows his alignment down to one of two (known) cults - mine or arrgh's
as far as we know, anyway

in this case i'm in favour of lynching him because i feel that it will reduce the number of unknowns in this game and will possibly cause the game to end faster, though normally i would probably not want to lynch someone i know is in my cult

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Given zinger said nobody was closer to winning then anybody else you can infer that a majority of the game is still actively recruiting, meaning you likely still have 10 cults present.

Aaarrrgh's win con likely endgames. But his win con is probably similar to mine in needing to be a majority of players (the difficult part since players aren't wanting to kill). His change of tone when calling for his death to people suggesting to lynch regularly supports this theory. You all should kill him or buy into his cult and die yourself.

And that, folks, is how you game solve.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 am 

If my wincon can end the game, then Zinger has lied to me. The reason I changed my mind about being willing to die is that there suddenly was meaningful interaction happening in thread. If nothing will ever happen then I'd rather die. If people start playing the game in a meaningful way, I want to be part of it.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 am 

killing shock as part of my cult narrows his alignment down to one of two (known) cults - mine or arrgh's
as far as we know, anyway

in this case i'm in favour of lynching him because i feel that it will reduce the number of unknowns in this game and will possibly cause the game to end faster, though normally i would probably not want to lynch someone i know is in my cult

Killing Shockwave narrows his alignment? You mean removes him from the list of living players. You dont want to lynch your own team unless your planning on taking a different alignment tonight.
The idea off locking in a players alignment by killing them and banking on that as a endgame strat is funny as hell

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am 

I respect the fact Aaarrrgh would rather die than lurk.

But just pointing out y'alls stories don't add up one bit. Amber thinks Aaarrrgh has a respectable cult and Aaarrrgh thinks the games not worth playing due to inactivity.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:48 am 

removing him from the list of living players means that to the best of my knowledge it guarantees that he will win with either me or with arrgh

if arrgh decides to death cult him then he wins with arrgh and i'll leave him to figure out that win
if arrgh does not then he wins with me assuming i'm alive at the end of the game, and i have a reasonably high likelihood of that

assuming people are actively culting then i'd be in favour of lynching anyone that is not-me that is also in my cult as a potential path to ending the game

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am 

Think about it this way... why would Shock want a guarantee from you?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 am 

he may or may not, but without any further input it's the one i'm suggesting

if he decides to come out and say 'hey no id rather not die' then i wouldn't push it any more but who knows if that'll happen

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:04 pm 

Well I'm sure he'd rather not die. Probably caught the corona virus or something we should give him a chance

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next