It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:49 pm 

I would cut one of these three things

Mold Shambler
Anger of the Gods
Mountain

I would cut your entire, lame, white weenies convoke deck.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 pm 

I cut it a couple nights ago. How have u found it?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:36 pm 

This whole thing has got me tooling around with the idea of trying to make Esperzoa work with Warstorm Surge.

4/3 Flying for 3 cmc is pretty good in this meta on its own. Would be 4 damage to the face for 3cmc with Warstorm Surge on the table, and it even sort of plays the role of Species Gorger in that it can bounce other creatures/itself for free.

Would require making some sort of Artifact based monstrosity I believe though. The whole "bounces itself all day long" thing is great for Warstorm Surge, but without any other Artifacts it would be basically a dead draw without Surge, since its only option would be to bounce itself every turn. The Artifact plan doesn't seem completely terrible though. Myrsmith is a card after all, and I feel like something could be done with Sanctum Gargoyle and maybe Blasting Station.

Off to brew!

Xbox Gamertag: LingeringEnigma

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 am 

I ran into somebody playing this deck.

It was the list with the two Vapor Snags, the original one. I was a spider deck. We each had like 15-20 cards at the end of the match. He could have won a lot earlier if he would've shot all the Warstorm damage at my face instead of my creatures.. but he ran out of threats and I killed him. It was pretty interesting being on the other side of the deck. He gained a ton of life and blocked favorably. It was very difficult to put him away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:56 am 

I would cut your entire, lame, white weenies convoke deck.

lawl....bitter much? ;)

Hakeem928 wrote:
What happened to Masked Admirers, I actually liked that card here. Could we squeeze it back in?

Just needed to quote this for posterity sake. In fact.....

Hakeem928 wrote:
What happened to Masked Admirers, I actually like that card. Could we squeeze it back in?

There...fixed!

I think I should make this my signature...

:D

elk

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 pm 

Location: [loh-key-shuh n] n. A place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Okay, so the new cards got me building decks and I come up with this annihilator for Temur:

[manapie 90 -w u -b r g][/manapie]

Stampede

A one vs. one deck for Magic 2015.

60 Cards (18 :creature: , 18 :instant: , 24 :land:)

Multicolored3 cards
■■■
Bear's Companion2/2
Color 6 cards
■■■
Military Intelligence
■■
Chasm Skulker1/1
Bident of Thassa
Color 10 cards
■■■■
Krenko's Command
■■
Goblin Rabblemaster2/2
■■
Ogre Battledriver3/3
Stormbreath Dragon4/4
Utvara Hellkite6/6
Color 17 cards
■■■■
Young Wolf1/1
■■■■
Cultivate
■■■■
Chorus of Might
■■
Doubling Season
■■
Mycoloth4/4
■■
Raised by Wolves
Craterhoof Behemoth5/5
Colorless24 cards
■■■
Frontier Bivouac
■■■
Gruul Guildgate
■■■■
Izzet Guildgate
■■■
Simic Guildgate
Forest
Island
Mountain

The idea is that you attack. Just attack lots. And keep attacking. Till they're dead.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 pm 

I'm fairly new to deckbuilding. Played magic alot, but my decks have always been ramshackle, and I'm trying practice to get better. Even joined here to get help. Right now, I'm trying to build a deck focused on a mix of a mid-game rush/ping deck.

Primarily, It's a token-focused deck working off of Young Pyromancer in conjunction with the new Master of the Waves:

Along with Token Multiplication from Green thanks to Doubling Season coupled with Raid Bombardment for a bit of extra bite. I've thought about Warstorm Surge, but I'm not sure. The end goal would be to quickly ramp to producing large amounts of disposable attacks and defenders. Regardless if they are blocked, they are still causing damage. If Warstorm is brought in, that means that each production of a token also causes damage. Master of the Waves buffs both his own and YP's elementals, and a Hall of Legends or two can buff them up further from 1/1's to 3/3's and 3/2's. Perhaps Craterhoof for a final kill condition.

But this is only a loose core to the deck. I'm not entirely sure about what else might make it into something really functional to say the least.

For example, I don't know how to balance out the blue I would need to make Master's summoning effect have the most for his worth, although I would hope that Doubling would cover for marginally low devotion. I've considered spell-bounce or creature bounce to pull back Master so he can be brought in, but I don't know what would be the most cost effective to mix with the required green/red to make this really effective.

Can anyone give me any thoughts?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 pm 

djAMPnz wrote:
Okay, so the new cards got me building decks and I come up with this annihilator for Temur:

Stampede

60 Cards (18 :creature: , 18 :instant: , 24 :land:)

Multicolored3 cards
■■■
Bear's Companion2/2
Color 6 cards
■■■
Military Intelligence
■■
Chasm Skulker1/1
Bident of Thassa
Color 10 cards
■■■■
Krenko's Command
■■
Goblin Rabblemaster2/2
■■
Ogre Battledriver3/3
Stormbreath Dragon4/4
Utvara Hellkite6/6
Color 17 cards
■■■■
Young Wolf1/1
■■■■
Cultivate
■■■■
Chorus of Might
■■
Doubling Season
■■
Mycoloth4/4
■■
Raised by Wolves
Craterhoof Behemoth5/5
Colorless24 cards
■■■
Frontier Bivouac
■■■
Gruul Guildgate
■■■■
Izzet Guildgate
■■■
Simic Guildgate
Forest
Island
Mountain

The idea is that you attack. Just attack lots. And keep attacking. Till they're dead.

The whole deck loses to Baneslayer Angel except Stormbreath and Craterhoof. I'd find.room for the 3 Ground Assaults. Other than that.. looks strong.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:42 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Noxturna90 wrote:
I'm fairly new to deckbuilding. Played magic alot, but my decks have always been ramshackle, and I'm trying practice to get better. Even joined here to get help. Right now, I'm trying to build a deck focused on a mix of a mid-game rush/ping deck.

Primarily, It's a token-focused deck working off of Young Pyromancer in conjunction with the new Master of the Waves:

Along with Token Multiplication from Green thanks to Doubling Season coupled with Raid Bombardment for a bit of extra bite. I've thought about Warstorm Surge, but I'm not sure. The end goal would be to quickly ramp to producing large amounts of disposable attacks and defenders. Regardless if they are blocked, they are still causing damage. If Warstorm is brought in, that means that each production of a token also causes damage. Master of the Waves buffs both his own and YP's elementals, and a Hall of Legends or two can buff them up further from 1/1's to 3/3's and 3/2's. Perhaps Craterhoof for a final kill condition.

But this is only a loose core to the deck. I'm not entirely sure about what else might make it into something really functional to say the least.

For example, I don't know how to balance out the blue I would need to make Master's summoning effect have the most for his worth, although I would hope that Doubling would cover for marginally low devotion. I've considered spell-bounce or creature bounce to pull back Master so he can be brought in, but I don't know what would be the most cost effective to mix with the required green/red to make this really effective.

Can anyone give me any thoughts?

1) young pyromancer and master of waves do not belong in the same deck
2) for sure doubling season doesn't fit in a deck with both of them
3) you can try to combine all three, but you are then including three non cooperative cards.
4) their support cards, also, don't cooperate

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 pm 

I don't think I've lost to a resolved Master of Waves yet. It's just a crappy version of Captain of the Watch.. the tokens still die to everything.. but now they're special snowflakes who can trade with spider tokens. I have yet to be impressed by the card.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 pm 

I would bother building a deck around it, except it's only a one of. Too much trouble. The card is great though, just not in DotP.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 am 

idk my izzet unearth deck is pretty strong in the format and master of waves fits in that fine (would be nice if there were more of him though)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 am 

Temur Aggro "Standard Style"

60 Cards (24 :creature: , 12 :instant: , 24 :land:)

Creature24 cards
■■■■
Cloudfin Raptor0/1
■■■■
Elvish Visionary1/1
■■■
Quickling2/2
■■
Goblin Rabblemaster2/2
■■
Ogre Battledriver3/3
■■■
Bear's Companion2/2
■■
Species Gorger6/6
Stormbreath Dragon4/4
Craterhoof Behemoth5/5
■■
Genesis Hydra0/0
Spell12 cards
■■■■
Shock
■■■■
Krenko's Command
■■
Military Intelligence
■■■
Bolt of Keranos
■■■■
Cultivate
Banefire
Land24 cards
■■■
Frontier Bivouac
■■■
Gruul Guildgate
■■■
Izzet Guildgate
■■■
Simic Guildgate
Forest
Island
Mountain

Something I've been interested in doing for a while was trying a similar deck to what we currently see in standard. Temur aggro has been making a splash lately, and whilst this deck I've mashed up isn't that "aggro" by DOTP15 standards, I'm hitting some nice wins with Craterhoof and Genesis Hydra acting as some nice lategame finishers when it becomes hard to press damage through. The species-gorger synergy is also pretty rounded here too.

Any suggestions? What would this deck be weak against/how could it be improved to fare better against it? My big problem ATM is super aggro.

EDIT: Whoops, not sure why the bolt of Keranos is in there. Also not sure what it is meant to be, the number of creatures/spells etc matches up in my head as the right ratios so I'll check when I get back from work.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:22 am 

djAMPnz wrote:

//DECK LIST

The whole deck loses to Baneslayer Angel except Stormbreath and Craterhoof. I'd find.room for the 3 Ground Assaults. Other than that.. looks strong.

Thanks. I haven't had much trouble with Baneslayer. I generally have my opponent in defence mode so by the time they get a Baneslayer Angel out if I don't have a large Mycoloth or Chasm Skulker (which gets big pretty quick with three copies of Military Intelligence) then a surprise Chorus of Might usually does the trick. Chorus of Might is an under-appreciated and underused card, in my opinion. I feel it is a brilliant card that can absolutely win games for you.

EDIT: I guess I'm from the frame of mind that "removal" doesn't necessarily have to say damage, destroy or counter on the card. As a result, a lot of my decks don't pack much in the way of traditional removal... depending on the deck of course; my current Izzet monstrosity is just packed with the stuff.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:31 am 

I don't think I've lost to a resolved Master of Waves yet. It's just a crappy version of Captain of the Watch.. the tokens still die to everything.. but now they're special snowflakes who can trade with spider tokens. I have yet to be impressed by the card.

I'm yet to include Wavemaster in a deck. The main problem I have with him is that if he dies, so do all his tokens (barring, of course, another anthem effect). Perhaps I will try and create a mono-blue deck in which he can... thrive?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:41 am 

You should check out mine, in UWB. It's probably a decent starting point for a master of waves deck.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 am 

DJ0045 wrote:
You should check out mine, in UWB. It's probably a decent starting point for a master of waves deck.

Link? Can't be bothered looking for it, hehe. I built a mono-blue one and it got absolutely destroyed.

Another thing of note is that my Temur deck above, while it does really well, got stomped by RDW. Anyone have any ideas to help combat that?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:23 am 

Here viewtopic.php?p=286217#p286217

Edit: and I endorse Hakeem's Cloudshift change as probably good.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:05 pm 

DJ0045 wrote:

Wow, it looks fantastic. A little dual-land-light for my tastes, but really solid.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:17 pm 

djAMPnz wrote:
DJ0045 wrote:

Wow, it looks fantastic. A little dual-land-light for my tastes, but really solid.

Thanks.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next