It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623 ... 666  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:47 am 

Identity: Im not a cat
Can't convince my wife that a PS5/Village combo is a good investment right now.

Unrelated;
Spoiler

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 am 

Days Gone was dog **** on release; but they’ve apparently made it into a very good game after the fact. So good in fact that people were upset Sony wouldn’t greenlight a sequel. .... Right up until one of the devs blamed this on the customers for not buying the turd on release. .... Now that particular incident made me not even want to play the “now good” original.

————

When I say it was **** on release; what I mean is that I heard so many bad things about it with no major redeeming qualities that I didn’t make time to pick it up on launch. Both via reviewers, word of mouth, and playing a small amount on a friend’s console.
————

I don’t care if “it’s good now”. Games need to be good on release to maintain a player base. Destiny is the main exception I’ve seen to that; and that’s because it was a genre pioneer rather than a wagon jumper.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:22 am 

Identity: Im not a cat
Yeah, I don't know anything about that. I remember seeing something about a bad review when it first came out but I don't care.

Take Metal Gear Solid mixed with The Walking Dead add a shot of the most basic of gathering/crafting (I say that as a good thing) and add a protaganist that looks like Gil, the drummer from my buddies band, and you get Days Gone.

------------------

I could care less if something is good on release. I don't pay $60 for games anymore. Games come out with glitches and bugs all the time and I don't know who to blame the developers or the consumers (it's a feedback loop that gets worse with each new cycle and both sides are to blame). So at this point I just throw my hands up and say **** new stuff. I buy it when it's 40 or 20 and has a patch list longer than my dick.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am 

Labour have just lost the seat of Hartlepool, which they've held for a good 60+ years, to the Tories.

Turns out if you run a candidate who is so anti Brexit that he actively went against the party line and tried to get a revote 6 times, in an area which 65-70% of people voted for Brexit he won't do very well - WHO'D HAVE THUNK?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:52 am 

I bet he sleeps well at night tho

Goldwater used to do that in the States. My favourite Republican by far

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:00 am 

I mostly care about how good games do on release bc it seems to determine their future prospects of continued support and/or a sequel.

In this case for example the developer for Days Gone directly claimed it wasn’t getting a sequel partially bc it didn’t do well...

——-

Only 1 more week before I get to spoil all of Mass Effect 3’d plot for Cucho.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:31 am 

I'm so looking forward to playing ME again, even though i know i'll play vanguard and make the same decisions i make every time haha

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:40 am 

sixty4half wrote:
Yeah, I don't know anything about that. I remember seeing something about a bad review when it first came out but I don't care.

Take Metal Gear Solid mixed with The Walking Dead add a shot of the most basic of gathering/crafting (I say that as a good thing) and add a protaganist that looks like Gil, the drummer from my buddies band, and you get Days Gone.

------------------

I could care less if something is good on release. I don't pay $60 for games anymore. Games come out with glitches and bugs all the time and I don't know who to blame the developers or the consumers (it's a feedback loop that gets worse with each new cycle and both sides are to blame). So at this point I just throw my hands up and say **** new stuff. I buy it when it's 40 or 20 and has a patch list longer than my dick.

Just play them 10 years after release like me!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:22 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Labour have just lost the seat of Hartlepool, which they've held for a good 60+ years, to the Tories.

Turns out if you run a candidate who is so anti Brexit that he actively went against the party line and tried to get a revote 6 times, in an area which 65-70% of people voted for Brexit he won't do very well - WHO'D HAVE THUNK?

Have you guys Brexited yet? I don't really care, but it feels like this has been going on for half a decade, and I'm just wondering when the UK government is going to go ahead and do as promised/mandated.

Also, if you're willing to get rid of your royals, you can probably be the 51st-53rd states... Just a thought. The US probably wouldn't give you too much **** nowadays, it's been a few hundred years. We'd probably make you switch back to the old measurement systems, but frankly you should have kept them anyway (FFS it's the Imperial System you damn traitors, and the Metric system is French... w... t... f...). Also, also, we speak the same language. Also, also, also, we share your general dislike of French people, and Europeans (which you won't be anymore). Also, also, also, also, you can join us in our general disdain of people from the old world, and become a part of the new world.

This is not really an offer, I represent no one in my country. But you know... maybe.

:teach:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:08 pm 

Puerto Rico is probably going to be the 51st state. Eventually. Sometime this century.

Edit:

They are already American citizens; just without adequate representation. I am under the impression they would be purple leaning red.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm 

DJ0045 wrote:

Have you guys Brexited yet? I don't really care, but it feels like this has been going on for half a decade, and I'm just wondering when the UK government is going to go ahead and do as promised/mandated.

Also, if you're willing to get rid of your royals, you can probably be the 51st-53rd states... Just a thought. The US probably wouldn't give you too much **** nowadays, it's been a few hundred years. We'd probably make you switch back to the old measurement systems, but frankly you should have kept them anyway (FFS it's the Imperial System you damn traitors, and the Metric system is French... w... t... f...). Also, also, we speak the same language. Also, also, also, we share your general dislike of French people, and Europeans (which you won't be anymore). Also, also, also, also, you can join us in our general disdain of people from the old world, and become a part of the new world.

This is not really an offer, I represent no one in my country. But you know... maybe.

We've left but now everyone is salty (badum-tish) at each other over fish.

French fishermen were threatening to blockade the port of Jersey the other day so we counterattacked by sending a few warships to flex on them (the last few days has provided some top quality Napoleonic memes btw)

Also I don't think we can really talk **** about measurements systems as we have the most half assed attempt to switch to the metric system, meaning we're kinda stuck in the middle between both - most special example is for petrol we fill up using litres but measure efficiency in miles per gallon...

I was talking to Boris the other day and he seems cool with using all the wind turbines in the north sea to blow us across the Atlantic, haven't decided whether we'll settle down next to hawaii or florida yet! We're scared we miss and end up next to canada, ugh...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:37 pm 

in Canada, we fill up by the litre but most people here measure fuel efficiency in mpg. Not me, tho. My car gets 6.9L/100 km (I get it down to 6 sometimes tho)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:49 pm 

DJ0045 wrote:

Sounds like the average American to me... :V

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 pm 

NH: yet another reason to join the US. Nobody **** with our Navy (even more so than the UK Navy, which is already impressive - sayin...), especially not over fish.

Cucho: you misspelled sub-average.

Last edited by DJ0045 on Fri May 07, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:23 pm 

The threat is more domestic in the US anyway

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pm 

That’s what the guns are for.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:12 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
That’s what the guns are for.

If England joins, who knows, we may finally be able to get rid of those guns.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:09 pm 

"do you have a loicence for that minigun?"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:35 pm 

"do you have a loicence for that minigun?"

Do you even need one?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:03 pm 

So.... before reading this comment, how many of y’all knew the vampire lady is not the main villain of RE 8?

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623 ... 666  Next