It is currently Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933, 934 ... 943  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:48 am 

It’s starting to get really disturbing how bad Omnicron is getting in the US. When presented with the ‘choice’ of shutting down or saving the economy, we did neither in potentially one of the worst ways possible.

Now we’re all going to get sick and the economy is belatedly shutting itself down piecemeal anyways; while employers, particularly schools and hospitals, try to find ways to have sick employees come in anyways. Nursing in particular is hell right now, and I would not be surprised if this long-term **** our staffing levels in that area. The top story on r/News atm is that nurses are unhappy at being forced to use their own PTO/sick-leave bc of Covid.

Edit: Don’t even bother looking at r/Nursing if you don’t want to be depressed.

Edit: Another industry that’s starting to have lots of trouble: trucking. That one’s gonna really start to hurt soon if it doesn’t get better

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:06 am 

Speaking of nursing, I finished THE DEATH OF MR. LAZARESCU last night. Got emotional at the end. I found the last 8 minutes really intense.

Really hope someone watches it here cuz I don't know anyone that has seen it. It's a Romanian movie and the best way I can describe it is as social issue drama. Basically the way doctors, nurses, ambulance technicians all deal with human suffering and the massive divergence in quality of care.

My g/f wants to watch it to see to what extent she might already be indifferent from having worked in ERs and having lost two patients so far.

I thought it was an amazing movie and really powerful.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 am 

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:54 am 

Lol that’s great. I miss Foxtrot so much

where the hell is DJ btw? If he doesn't show up soon, I'm gonna sue his ass

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm 

Identity: Im not a cat
Anyone seen Midnight Alley? I really liked it. Just saw on the local news they're doing a limited release black and white version. The b/w scenes they showed on tv looked amazing, the shading really pops so I might go watch that.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20793&p=663155#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:52 pm 

Today I learned that FNAF 4 is the only game in the entire 9 game + 2 spinoff (11 total) series where the player HAS to die to beat it.

Scott Cawthon was apparently very unhappy with some people not getting jumpscared enough, especially Lets Players; so 1 npc absolutely has to warp in and to kill you by the end of Night 3 if it has not killed you already on that save file. It’s completely random when it does this and it can also do it extremely rarely on nights 1 or 2 instead.

That npc is also an extremely rare death through normal course of play, so apparently Nightmare Cupcake at 5 AM Night 3 is a new (to me) meme I didn’t know about.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:01 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Lol that’s great. I miss Foxtrot so much

where the hell is DJ btw? If he doesn't show up soon, I'm gonna sue his ass

I'm still around. Work just got the better of me these last few weeks.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:06 pm 

So do y’all think Ukraine is gonna get annexed, Russia gonna blink, or we’re gonna see the start of world war 3?

Both Ukraine and the United States have accused Russia of currently, as in right now, prepping false flags to “justify” an invasion.

And the disagreement is basically over whether Russia should be allowed to completely control Ukraine’s foreign policy; so both sides consider there to be no room for compromise.

So if Russia invades Ukraine with no justification, as it seems to currently be planning to do, what happens?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:48 pm 

Speaking of nursing, I finished THE DEATH OF MR. LAZARESCU last night. Got emotional at the end. I found the last 8 minutes really intense.

Really hope someone watches it here cuz I don't know anyone that has seen it. It's a Romanian movie and the best way I can describe it is as social issue drama. Basically the way doctors, nurses, ambulance technicians all deal with human suffering and the massive divergence in quality of care.

My g/f wants to watch it to see to what extent she might already be indifferent from having worked in ERs and having lost two patients so far.

I'm your huckleberry if you watch episode 1 of Strappare lungo i bordi.

PS: love to hear form you DJ we need to have another never ending debate on something to improve the quality of the thread this year.
:V

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:06 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
So do y’all think Ukraine is gonna get annexed, Russia gonna blink, or we’re gonna see the start of world war 3?

Both Ukraine and the United States have accused Russia of currently, as in right now, prepping false flags to “justify” an invasion.

And the disagreement is basically over whether Russia should be allowed to completely control Ukraine’s foreign policy; so both sides consider there to be no room for compromise.

So if Russia invades Ukraine with no justification, as it seems to currently be planning to do, what happens?

|Personally, I think Russia (if/when) it does go in, only take Eastern Ukraine as that's where most of the Ethnic Russian lives.

As for a response, we'll more than likely send in advisors and weapons. (javelin missiles etc). Since the Ukrainians aren't NATO members, technically we don't have to defend them via treaty obligations but with all the world (China) eyes on us who knows what we might do. But for sure, I don't think Ukraine will be able to hold out much more than a month or two. Unless he directly attacks any of the US personal currently deployed, I don't see us doing more than helping them stall.

Putin is old-school KGB, so he's been attempting to bring back the old soviet glory/ cold war influences. He's also very paranoid because he sees the west's influences slowly gathering around and he may be wondering if it's some kind of move to dispose him later on.

Right now, it looks like Eurocom (European Command) has already set up a Sof forward deploy base down in Albania https://www.eucom.mil/article/41863/spe ... adquarters

map of NATO bases

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:16 pm 

With US support Ukraine could hold out a year. How long can the Russian economy hold out though? When people at home and on the frontlines start starving, how long do you think they'll support a war that is obviously over oil fields that just so happen to reside where a large russian minority lives? If they can secure the oil fields in a few weeks, then we're **** cuz that's all they want, along with the lands their ethnic (well they'll call it) majority lives. Any peace treaty or, most likely, cease fire, will be a win/win for Russia.

If Ukraine can hold the fields for long enough for us to start firing up the artillery and we're successful in pushing Russia's front line back and keep it back for more than 9 months then we might start to see Putin put out the idea of some sort of treaty.

I dont think he attacks cuz he has to much to lose unless he comes out with a decisive victory. He was polling around 40% last year but this bru ha ha has his approval up 12-20% above that. However, if he ends up walking away even with empty hands after entering into an invasion, his reputation is over

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:18 pm 

In happier news, i picked up an xbox series x bundle, which came with fry cry 6 and CoD: Vanguard.

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 pm 

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEB ... id=US%3Aen

Thieves target another source for stolen goods: Delivery trucks and trains full of packages

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:05 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!

I'm your huckleberry if you watch episode 1 of Strappare lungo i bordi.

PS: love to hear form you DJ we need to have another never ending debate on something to improve the quality of the thread this year.
:V

O… K…

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 pm 

I had a quick hour to play some GT today and the lobby's got about 8 mins till race when I jump on. I lay down 3 of the fastest laps I've put down on Dragon Tail reverse and get into a lobby at P8. I'm driving a Jaguar F-Type while over half the crowd is going for the car d'jour Supra so I late break right into the front of the pack on turn 1 and coming out of turn 2 this dude pushes me off track into a flat wall just past the curve and my **** jag slams to a halt. I get going again, down to 10th, and spend the next 4 laps catching back up to this jack ass. Dont ask my why the FType is so much faster than these guys or why they're not driving it. Anyways we get side to side going around the 5 point left-hander and I end up in the dirt.

Rage quit.

Go to Garage.

Paint car Gold. Paint rims Gold. Go back to race.

5 mins to race, I lay down some superbly slow ass practice laps. Like 5 seconds slower than my 1.33.03 best.

Race starts and again I'm mid pack. Fly past these early breaking morons in turn 1 and 2, avoid the flat wall and come out of the 5 point left handers in 1st place. By lap 3 I'm 2.6 seconds ahead of 2nd... and then it happens. Within 3 turns I notice it says 1.2. Then a half lap later its .8 and I can see the dude's grill in my rearview. All of a sudden, I didnt see it, hes 8.6 seconds behind me. Go on to pick up a Win, a Fast Lap and a Clean Race Bonus.

**** gold cars!

Oh, that was my 10th win too!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:54 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I’m still playing Retro Bowl. Such a good mobile game.

I’m in the middle of a personal challenge to win a Super Bowl with every team. As soon as I win with one, I take over a new team and repeat. Most teams, I’ve been able to win Super Bowl in one season at the helm. Not counting the first season when you start a new save (where you only play the last game of a season), I’ve played 19 seasons and won 14 Super Bowls. Close to half way through the league. Hardest time so far was with the Bills - took me 3 seasons to win it all with them (2nd season with them I pulled a Patriots, and the only game I lost that season was the Super Bowl :V ).

I really dig the hybrid Tecmo Bowl game play with front office team management. If they added defense gameplay and sold it for $10 on the Xbox store, I’d buy it in a heart beat.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:57 am 

Hitman 3: The only game where I’m trying to stealthily yeet a battle axe up three flights of stairs.

Edit:

Not sure how much it holds up, but I found this an interesting (but shallow) read on Biden’s poor Covid response.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nistration

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:01 pm 

FNAF Security Breach is 10-20 hours long.

The main villain shows up for 2 10-ish second cutscenes, 1 mandatory 30 second chase, and 1 optional 20 second chase. That’s it. Calling her a non-presence in the game is an understatement. You don’t know anything about her, what she’s even doing there, or why she’s chasing you for like 30-60 seconds out of the entire game. Than she shows up in half the endings and they essentially make no sense and have no impact bc who tf is this lady holding a knife? It’s like bad texture-popins, the character, the endings.

This is the same rigorous storytelling that is provided for the playable character as well. You are never given a reason why you are here, how you even got here, why you’re hiding from the villain, or why you decide to spend the night bounty hunting for parts rather than hiding. The game does not sufficiently justify any of its major set pieces at any point.

Of course it still does the smelling its own farts “secret lore” stuff that never goes anywhere in this case bc they forgot to give the game a basic plot and secret lore doesn’t work without…. well the game actually having lore to start with.

————————

Mentioned previously, the game is so buggy that it makes launch CP2077 look sufficiently playtested. Between that and the plot, it seems like the game was basically pushed out after diddling in development heck for a year.

In a series known primarily for its polished gameplay and story, this is the first time a fnaf game has ever been this kind of bad.

Iirc, the one time that Scott had a bad FNAF launch before this, he 100% refunded everyone, made the game completely free, and then proceeded to work on and support it for several more months. Scott retired last year due to getting canceled; so this is the first FNAF game he didn’t fully sign off on. Man he’s got to be pissed at how it turned out.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:35 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
DaRkStAr wrote:
Hey Darkstar, sounds like my province is going the Austria way and will impose a penalty tax on the unvaccinated.

How's that working in Austria? I remember seeing it was fairly steep over there. They haven't announced the amount yet over here.

It's a bureaucratic nightmare, because everyone here is incompetent.
It should start in February, but there is still no concrete plan and there are some setbacks.

The plan was that everyone gets dates to be vaccinated and stuff, then they check quarterly the electronic health records and everyone who isn't vaccinated gets a fine everytime, up to a total of 3600 Euros. So every anti-vaxxer that can afford it, will just pay the 3600 €.

Lately there are more and more news that it won't be possible.
Some experts say you can't do it anymore because it's too late and the vaccines aren't good enough against omicron.
The electronic health records company says the technical execution isn't ready until April.
Some judges say there will be so much lawsuits that the courts won't be able to handle it.

I heard there could be now a light version for the first months where the police can randomly check your vaccination status and if you are not vaccinated you have to pay 60 euros.

This is how compulsory vaccination will be implemented in Austria:
Phase 1: Letter to all households. (February 1st)
Phase 2: From March 15th controls. If no evidence of vaccination (or exception) is available, penalty up to 600 €
Phase 3: One month later letter to all unvaccinated, one month later control. Penalty up to 600 €.
This can happen 4 times = up to 2400 €. If you make an objection (not sure what this means exactly) you may have to pay 3600 €.
Furthermore there is no "imprisonment for failure to pay a fine".

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:08 am 

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933, 934 ... 943  Next