It is currently Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:14 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I took my kids to a manufactured snow-in-the-park thing at El Dorado park. It suuuuucked, the snow was all slushy and nasty because of course that’s what happens in 75 degree weather. They had a blast on the snow slide tbf, but you couldn’t even build a half decent snowball. Should have just taken them to Big Bear to play in real snow

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:22 pm 

DaRkStAr wrote:
Fair. If ur not hot, u get shot :teach:

worst first sentence on a date?

Oh I’m sure there’s worse. Like: if ur not a cutie, u can eat my tooties. Or: Do you play Magic the Gathering?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:39 pm 

Identity: Im not a cat
I took my kids to a manufactured snow-in-the-park thing at El Dorado park. It suuuuucked, the snow was all slushy and nasty because of course that’s what happens in 75 degree weather. They had a blast on the snow slide tbf, but you couldn’t even build a half decent snowball. Should have just taken them to Big Bear to play in real snow

Wow, you just reminded me... it wasn't even really fake snow. It was like this foamy, papery biodegradable stuff that looks like snow as it falls. They even have little kiosks set up with a guy who walks you thru the process of how they make it and he makes a small "snowball" you can hold for a moment as the paper dissolves thru your fingers.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20793&p=663155#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:39 pm 

Oh, weird. That sounds interesting. And better than trying to make real snow in warm weather

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:56 pm 

Thanks for the clarification Sixty. I can’t even fathom why there would ever be live rounds on a movie set. That’s just insane to me but I’m not American

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 pm 

There was a shooting at the park by my house over the weekend. From what I understand, some doods beefed at the basketball court, and some of them left, got in their car, and did a drive by on the court exchanging gunfire with someone still at the park. 3 people got shot, and one of them (a 17yo boy) died. There’s been a big circle of candles burning on the court since then and it’s super sad to drive past.

Indications are it was gang related. Obnoxiously, moronic gang bangers have been flashing digital gang signs on the social media posts about it. Idk what the **** is wrong with people

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:20 am 

at least no one was hurt

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:22 am 

Well, see, their problem was they weren’t hot

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:31 am 

I know I would walk out of a job that has real guns in the work space, if Alec knew this was a real gun then IMO he has clear responsibility.

If he wrongfully "knew" it was a prop then I would say it's 100% the prop guys fault, and the ones that hire him have shared responsibility...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:14 pm 

I know I would walk out of a job that has real guns in the work space, if Alec knew this was a real gun then IMO he has clear responsibility.

If he wrongfully "knew" it was a prop then I would say it's 100% the prop guys fault, and the ones that hire him have shared responsibility...

You are confusing the word Prop with the word Replica, or Fake. A Prop is simply a name for an item that is used as a piece of the set or an item being used by an actor. Being a prop does not mean the item is fake. It still has a clip, a chamber, a firing pin and a barrel. It is a real gun. Even the guns we used to shoot S.W.A.T. were real guns. We just didnt have blanks in them. They would fire a gun in post production and just add the audio in over the film. Low Budget movies cant afford CGI so they use a Blank, a cartridge with gunpowder in it, but no bullet. You have to physically take the cartridge out of the gun to see whether it has a bullet in it or not. A 5-10 second procedure, that's all I am saying Baldwin had to do. 10 seconds of his time and this would have all been avoided.

Everyone knew it was a real gun, they all just assumed there was no bullet

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:56 pm 

I used to live next door to a guy who worked in Hollywood (he did editing for reality shows, but had a bunch of connections in the industry). He was obsessed with old sci fi shows and had a back house devoted to his collection of props and memorabilia. The walls to the back house man cave were lined with sci fi guns that had been used as props that he collected. Stuff from Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, some shows I had never heard of before, etc. One day I took one down assuming it was unloaded, pointed it at him and vaporized him. THAT was embarrassing

Last edited by The Secret of TIMH on Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:58 pm 

I'm not going to weigh in on the 'tragedy' aspect of that until you tell me how Dumpster-worthy he was

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:06 pm 

5/10.

I got along well w him and he always seemed nice in person, but I came across his social media persona and he was about the meanest, angriest, trolliest mother****er I’ve ever seen. Very strange dichotomy. He was kind of like the traveler in Im Just F****** With You, and kinda looked like him too

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:08 pm 

I haven't seen it but I assume you're talking about another one of your favourite ghey pr0ns

This sci-fi prop collection does sound kind of cool though. I used to watch lots of old shows (it's where Black Barney is from :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:23 pm 

I used to watch lots of old shows (it's where Black Barney is from :)

That what happens as you get old. Old man.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:25 pm 

I barely understand how to use this machine anymore

——

Ran into the best gamertag ever in my phone game. Twice this week I’ve been matched against “Piggerston Fatsberg” lol

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:30 pm 

I haven't seen it but I assume you're talking about another one of your favourite ghey pr0ns

Heh, you wish. It’s one of the holiday themed horror episodes that Blumehouse put out on Hulu. I watched a couple and thought they were mostly meh, but that one (themed for April Fools Day) was actually pretty good.

Quote:
This sci-fi prop collection does sound kind of cool though. I used to watch lots of old shows (it's where Black Barney is from :)

It was super cool. I’m not even really into old sci fi but was still very impressed with his collection

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:42 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
I used to live next door to a guy who worked in Hollywood (he did editing for reality shows, but had a bunch of connections in the industry). He was obsessed with old sci fi shows and had a back house devoted to his collection of props and memorabilia. The walls to the back house man cave were lined with sci fi guns that had been used as props that he collected. Stuff from Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, some shows I had never heard of before, etc. One day I took one down assuming it was unloaded, pointed it at him and vaporized him. THAT was embarrassing

He should have thought about that before not being hot.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:08 pm 

Looks like a lot of potential biggie is brewing in Memphis - dunno a lot about US law ect but the fact that 5 officers have all already been charged with murder, some EMT's have been fired and it's barely just happened and the video's not been released yet it's probably gonna be REAL bad right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:14 pm 

Yeah at least one officer that was fired has already been arrested

Sounds like it will be a big story. I’m glad it’s happening in TN cuz I often worried that many of the southern state police forces might feel like what happens to cops in Chicago or Los Angeles probably wouldn’t happen south of the Mason Dixon

So if Justice gets served properly, hopefully it serves as a wake up call

The video is getting released tomorrow at 7pm ET and I’m worried it could blow things up. But if the arrests have already happened, maybe it’ll be ok to prevent violent outrage

Apparently the video is rough. He’s unarmed and he gets tased and pepper sprayed and then beaten in a way compared to Rodney King, except all five officers are black this time

He calls out for his mom three times near the end.

He dies three days later in hospital from complications tied to the excessive bleeding from the beatings

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241  Next