It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 236  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
It’s all good. That’s like me with RDR2 too.

I wonder if can I ever find out which game has my most hours played of all time. I was just thinking about that earlier today. I know a couple are well into the hundreds, but I wonder if some are into the thousands, and also what they are.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:12 am 

mjack33 wrote:
Just found out Deathgarden shut down development for the second and final time last year. Kind of sad bc i was looking forward to it hitting ps4.

I played that on PC during a free weekend. It sucks.

I played Dead by Daylight, made by same company, and it was a lot of fun at the start. They ended up screwing it up really bad though. Here's the problem with asymmetric game play. You get a fractured fan base. People will naturally gravitate towards a role they prefer. Hunter/killer or escapee. When there are 4 times as many escapees as there are killers, your fan base gets lopsided. Sure there are some people that crossover, but if even half your fanbase doesnt cross-over then that's still a big difference.

Well, Behaviour started listening to their larger side of the fan base, the survivors. And it started to really affect the killer gameplay. The killers started complaining. Nothing happened. Killers threaten a boycott. Nothing. Killers boycotted. The lead developer made a statement, "if you dont like how our game plays, go play Civ VI. I hear it just came out."

So I went and played civ 6. And yes, I used quotes because that's what the guy actually said on the DbD official forums.

I gave deathgarden a try several months later. I wasn't impressed with the gameplay at that point in development. They wanted me to pay full price for a not-nearly-complete game back then. Glad to see I didnt since they still aren't done with the game a year and a half later.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 am 

DJ0045 wrote:

I wonder if can I ever find out which game has my most hours played of all time. I was just thinking about that earlier today. I know a couple are well into the hundreds, but I wonder if some are into the thousands, and also what they are.

Im also curious about this

There was a time it was Oblivion (130 hours), but then the yearly Call of Duty games came out. Starting with Modern Warfare 2, and going up to Black Ops Ghosts, I spent 1,000 hours on each

Roblox 206 hours
Prominence Poker 516 hours
Black Ops IV 110 hours
Magic Duels 1,543 hours!!
Battle Ages 290 hours
Magic 2015. 235 hours
Battle Islands 164 hours
Halo V. 147 hours
Call of Duty ghosts 338 hours
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag 168 hours

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:33 am 

Dead by Daylight is still one of my favorite games; and I play it a ton every few months; but yeah they have no idea what they are doing half the time. They have been forced to nerf survivor many times; but the game still has massive queue problems every other patch bc they keep nerfing killer too lol. It’s still a matter of gens going too fast; and they refuse to make gens take longer bc it’s “boring “. Then they nerf anti gen perks like Ruin bc it’s not fun for survivors to play against them every game.

Sixty is not exaggerating about their hubris. Their response to fundamental balance questions was to tell people to go play Civ 6 if they weren’t willing to put up with playing killer. I mainly play killer bc I’m secretly a bit of a masochist gaming wise lol

Deathgarden was completely reworked, had a second free weekend, then massively failed again. Exact same problems as dbd in both versions of the game; but in a game twice as fast. Same hubris. Same balance problems. Same civ 6 attitude sort of.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:41 am 

Sixty I don’t know if you remember the context; but Hillbilly and Spirit (Nurse replacement post Nurse nuke) are still the most common “good” killers. The only things that have fully escaped nerfs since you quit are probably the Hillbilly and .... I swear I will be able to come up with something else.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:37 pm 

That's funny because hillbilly was probably the best killer. 1 hit downs with chainsaw. Super speed with chainsaw. Quick pallet destruction. And hes tall so he can see over obstacles better than the other best killer, Nurse.

Michael Myers is my favorite and probably the best balanced killer imho.

It was the Freddy debacle that turned me off. For those that haven't played; The released Freddy Kruger in a test sever while holding the presale. He was really good against noobs, but any player worth half a damn could easily turn a 10 minute game into just chase 1 survivor all game while the other 3 do their job and everyone escapes. He was the slowest killer available.

Much complaining about his invisibility ensued.

They release Freddy for sale at full strength and more complaining happens. ONE WEEK later they release a patch that nerfs the **** out of Freddy.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:38 pm 

DJ0045 wrote:

Im also curious about this

There was a time it was Oblivion (130 hours), but then the yearly Call of Duty games came out. Starting with Modern Warfare 2, and going up to Black Ops Ghosts, I spent 1,000 hours on each

Roblox 206 hours
Prominence Poker 516 hours
Black Ops IV 110 hours
Magic Duels 1,543 hours!!
Battle Ages 290 hours
Magic 2015. 235 hours
Battle Islands 164 hours
Halo V. 147 hours
Call of Duty ghosts 338 hours
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag 168 hours

1543 hours?!?

But did ya ever get good? Newb

:p

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:59 pm 

I haven't played in so long I've deranked to 20. I feel like playing now. Time to go terrorize noobs with purple and red addons.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:54 pm 

I think Barney has the most insane records in duels... What was the final record with Haven boris human deck?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:57 pm 

Yeah, haven's humans deck was dominant in the xbox meta of suntail hawks + child of night :P

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:36 pm 

Oh yeah I had a winstreak in the 40s at one point. I asked Hakeem for advice on what order the two drops should be summoned and he said if I’ve won more than 40 in a row, he should be asking me

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:24 pm 

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm 

sixty4half wrote:
That's funny because hillbilly was probably the best killer. 1 hit downs with chainsaw. Super speed with chainsaw. Quick pallet destruction. And hes tall so he can see over obstacles better than the other best killer, Nurse.

Michael Myers is my favorite and probably the best balanced killer imho.

It was the Freddy debacle that turned me off. For those that haven't played; The released Freddy Kruger in a test sever while holding the presale. He was really good against noobs, but any player worth half a damn could easily turn a 10 minute game into just chase 1 survivor all game while the other 3 do their job and everyone escapes. He was the slowest killer available.

Much complaining about his invisibility ensued.

They release Freddy for sale at full strength and more complaining happens. ONE WEEK later they release a patch that nerfs the **** out of Freddy.

The Nurse got nuked to the point where she’s just not fun to play. So it’s very hard to rank her at sll now. But pre nerf she was definitely the best. Post nerf... probably top 2 with add ons but complete **** to play.

Hillbilly is consistently 2nd through 4th in the power rankings once you include add ons and has never come close to a nerf. I think he’s actually being used as the top end of their scale for whatever is “acceptable “.

Post rework Freddy is unironically top 5; but he never got above 2nd to last before that so i think they made him really good on purpose. The only time he was not last was at Legion launch.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:38 pm 

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 pm 

Too useful.

Give it to Trump, tell him it launches the US nukes.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:42 pm 

I have always wished that the deep state never gave Trump the real codes... Just something to play with.
Fingers crossed!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 pm 

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:18 pm 

Last one for tonight

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 am 

Finished Breath of the wild today - holy **** is it one of the best games i've played? Absolutely yes. Did it have some problems that i'd love to see addressed in the sequel? Also yes. Big ass wall of text incoming

List of things i had gripes with, includes spoilers

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:13 am 

Revali’s Divine Beast seemed drastically easier to allow people to rush that power up.

As someone who has fully 100% the game other than the Korok seeds including the dlc; that was a much smaller wall of text than I expected. That includes killing every single miniboss lol which was veru excessive.

Question: Did you ever do the Arena with the Silver Lyonel at the bottom?

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 236  Next