It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:51 pm 

DaRkStAr wrote:
He board wiped me and played an early Lich's Mastery. I couldn't do much against it, but my luck was that I flipped a Legion's Landing earlier, so I could get some life and let him exile a couple cards.
But I could never built up a good board state because he always destroyed every creature I had and drew a lot of cards because of life gain. Still I refused to give up because as long as he doesn't cast a win condition, I could still win in the long run.
His win condition was Twilight Prophet which I could destroy one time and after he revived it I also had a Conclave Tribunal for it.
The second win condition was a Doom Whisperer which he got in one of his last draws and it nearly finished me with the help of Chance for Glory.
But I top-decked the last Conclave Tribunal in my deck and therefore he had no win condition left and would eventually die to exiling his Lich's Mastery.

Why would he exile his Mastery? He still has a wincon of you decking yourself.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:45 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
Maybe nothing left to exile - or in a bad spot and wanting to go out on his own terms?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 am 

Yondar wrote:
DaRkStAr wrote:
He board wiped me and played an early Lich's Mastery. I couldn't do much against it, but my luck was that I flipped a Legion's Landing earlier, so I could get some life and let him exile a couple cards.
But I could never built up a good board state because he always destroyed every creature I had and drew a lot of cards because of life gain. Still I refused to give up because as long as he doesn't cast a win condition, I could still win in the long run.
His win condition was Twilight Prophet which I could destroy one time and after he revived it I also had a Conclave Tribunal for it.
The second win condition was a Doom Whisperer which he got in one of his last draws and it nearly finished me with the help of Chance for Glory.
But I top-decked the last Conclave Tribunal in my deck and therefore he had no win condition left and would eventually die to exiling his Lich's Mastery.

Why would he exile his Mastery? He still has a wincon of you decking yourself.

i still had a lot of cards in my library, my deck is full of creatures + adanto, the first fort, so I am pretty sure i would have won.
But also the game already took a long time, so I can totally understand the concede.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:55 am 

Play of the day: after opponent played 3 Kaya's Wrath, I decided to go all-in and play both History of Benalia & Trostani while my opponent was tapped low. Both spells resolve. Next turn, opponent plays Mass Manipulation targeting Trostani and my tokens!! After Trostani's effect resolves he shame concedes. Lol :D

EDIT: Lol and in the very next game, another Esper control opponent uses Hostage Taker on Trostani and then casts it, tapping out. Yes, she still made two 2/2s, but I EoT Marched into Flourish and he conceded. Hah!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:32 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Wow on the first game. What a waste of mana. Mass is intensive enough and then lose it all? Nuts.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:32 am 

Temur reclamation against Sultai midrange
G2, He´s on the play

T1
Elves
T2
Duobe elves
T3
Tyrant !!!!!!!!!

Me T1
Land
T2
Growth
T3
Reclamation

I got oneRal, one Exp and two cannonades

T4
If he decides to attack with the elves I´m gonna cast cannonade coz thats a 2 turn clock...
he gots greedy and just attacks with the Tryrant holds the elves and cast a X=5 Kraxis

On my turn I drop a land and Ral
then minus Ral, float the mana to the end step and cast Cannonade, Ral makes his copy, and I cast Exp in response
6 damage sweeper!!!!! ping for 3, opponent is at 17

T5
With the board clear he drops 2 Kruul Harpooners, they eat the last cannonade! Ha

T6
He rebuilds again but I got to 6 mana...

I take the calculator out and after some heavy duty math... I Minus Ral, cast Explosion for 8, double it and ping for 2!!
Opponent gives me the -Nice

I just beat a T3 tyrant!!!
Achievement unlocked

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 pm 

WAR RANKED DRAFT
I´m UR spells against Orzhov something

So I got a buttload of draw spells in this deck, but this bastard cast Ashiok, Dream Render T4 on me... activates him 3 times before I can end him so now I´m racing instead of trying to win the late game.

I got Spellkeeper Weird and Saheeli, sublime Artificer on board so I could recast my draw spells but no this bastard exiles my whole GY and I´m flooding!! Then things start to get Ugly, he keeps dropping creatures on the board and I have to clear them with Chandra Jaya and a combination of Ral's Outburst and trades... my library is running slim by the minute but I need to find my answers and keep casting my draw spells...

Last turn -this is turn frigging #26 I checked on MTGA tool-
He´s got 2 blockers a 5/5 Rising Populace and a 3/3 + God-Pharaoh's Statue and 13 life

I got a buttload of mana Bond of Insight in hand and one mountain, Ashiok's Skulker, Kiora's Dambreaker a bunch of servos + my BFF Spellkeeper and 1 card left on my library!!

I take my time look at the board and try to find the way...

So I send the team for the alpha strike, I made a copy of Dambreaker with Saheeli he blocks my Skulker -I did not pay for the ability- and a Random creature, he is at 1 and hes got lethal on the back swing!

So I cast Bond of Insight put the last card of my library on the GY -thats a 6 mana bond of Insight- I get my Ral's Outburst and try to cast it but that **** is another 6CMC and I can only play 5 ... lucky me I had that mountain in hand, drop the mountain and burn him to the face!!!

It was beautiful!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:30 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
WAR RANKED DRAFT
I´m UR spells against Orzhov something

Last turn -this is turn frigging #26 I checked on MTGA tool-
He´s got 2 blockers a 5/5 Rising Populace and a 3/3 + God-Pharaoh's Statue and 13 life

I really don't understand why people run that garbage God Statue. What a waste of a deck spot and 6 mana. The only time I've seen it carry its weight was vs a streamer who got mana screwed at 3 lands (and honestly wasn't going to win anyways at that point, but it killed any hope of getting back into it). Like, if you happened to draft Karn for some reason - sure, pick it up late pack for sideboard call up to animate a 6/6, but otherwise don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7