It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:51 pm 

DaRkStAr wrote:
He board wiped me and played an early Lich's Mastery. I couldn't do much against it, but my luck was that I flipped a Legion's Landing earlier, so I could get some life and let him exile a couple cards.
But I could never built up a good board state because he always destroyed every creature I had and drew a lot of cards because of life gain. Still I refused to give up because as long as he doesn't cast a win condition, I could still win in the long run.
His win condition was Twilight Prophet which I could destroy one time and after he revived it I also had a Conclave Tribunal for it.
The second win condition was a Doom Whisperer which he got in one of his last draws and it nearly finished me with the help of Chance for Glory.
But I top-decked the last Conclave Tribunal in my deck and therefore he had no win condition left and would eventually die to exiling his Lich's Mastery.

Why would he exile his Mastery? He still has a wincon of you decking yourself.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:45 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
Maybe nothing left to exile - or in a bad spot and wanting to go out on his own terms?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 am 

Yondar wrote:
DaRkStAr wrote:
He board wiped me and played an early Lich's Mastery. I couldn't do much against it, but my luck was that I flipped a Legion's Landing earlier, so I could get some life and let him exile a couple cards.
But I could never built up a good board state because he always destroyed every creature I had and drew a lot of cards because of life gain. Still I refused to give up because as long as he doesn't cast a win condition, I could still win in the long run.
His win condition was Twilight Prophet which I could destroy one time and after he revived it I also had a Conclave Tribunal for it.
The second win condition was a Doom Whisperer which he got in one of his last draws and it nearly finished me with the help of Chance for Glory.
But I top-decked the last Conclave Tribunal in my deck and therefore he had no win condition left and would eventually die to exiling his Lich's Mastery.

Why would he exile his Mastery? He still has a wincon of you decking yourself.

i still had a lot of cards in my library, my deck is full of creatures + adanto, the first fort, so I am pretty sure i would have won.
But also the game already took a long time, so I can totally understand the concede.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7