It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
@Luna&Brentain: Sucks to hear that, I hope you get better soon.

Barinellos wrote:
...aaaaand now I'm just thinking of the MEM characters in various beachwear apparel.
Unsurprisingly, Alessa has opted for the 'clothing optional' option.

That would be an interesting idea for a drawing, I might do something about it.

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:56 pm 

Thank you, Huey. And yes, the swelling did go down. Now it's all purple. But just on the bottom, so I don't think I'm in danger of losing the toe, right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm 

Sorry to hear about everyone's various troubles. I hope you are all feeling better, or will very, very soon!

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 am 

I'm sorry to have been absent from so much lately.
I've still been around, but I've just not felt up to much.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:36 pm 

I'm so sorry that everyone's been down! Here's hoping for speedy recoveries across the board!

Barinellos wrote:
...I can't help but think Orcs probably are crap swimmers. Their BMI seems weighted away from heavy fatty deposits to denser muscularature. Shame Ruwin isn't around to answer how good Sava is at swimming.

The way I prefer to think of it is that I refuse to play water's game. None of that splish-splashing around for me! I will sink right to the bottom with my head held high!

Barinellos wrote:
...aaaaand now I'm just thinking of the MEM characters in various beachwear apparel.

M:EM pool party sounds like A Thing that could totally happen over in the high school AU... Hrmm...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 pm 

More Oregon Trail info! I took the trip with Margot, Elise, Brigitte, and the Comte. Things went really well until about half-way through, when people started getting fevers and so forth. Margot, sadly, went to be with Goddess after dying of dysentery. I thought the Comte was going to go with her when he started suffering from exhaustion, but he recovered after a peaceful, 7 day rest at Soda Springs.

At one point, there was this chain of events that made me mildly amused: "Elise was bitten by a snake." ---> "Heavy Fog." ---> "You have reached the Snake River crossing." I feel that tells a story...

Anyway, the Comte, Brigitte, and Elise all made it, so their batting average is significantly better than in canon. So that's nice.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 am 

So, 2 pieces of positive news and upcoming positive news.
1) I got about 2000 words into a story I've been meaning to write for like... well, I won't say how long
2) A gal gave me her number. Positive, but reluctant since I dunno how well that'll shake out.

3) I'm going to a convention next Friday!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:26 am 

Cool stuff, happy for you!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:43 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Make a plane in which all monsters are the civilized society, and humans are semi-sentient beasts and a massive threat to everyone.

Also, Ravnica Cyberpunk...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:01 pm 

I have no idea if Yxoque ever comes around these parts anymore, but for what its worth, happy birthday to a former M:EMperor, and a former collaborator.

Happy birthday, Yxoque!

@Barinellos: Congratulations! Have fun and best of luck with all three of those things.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:10 pm 

Identity: Male
Barinellos wrote:
2) A gal gave me her number. Positive, but reluctant since I dunno how well that'll shake out.

An opportunity is never a bad thing. Don't be afraid just because it might go bad. Unless it's more likely to go negatively (not just successful, but negative) than positively, I say go for it. And if you're 50/50, then just take the plunge. The mind's bias is away from doing these things, so if you feel 50/50 then the odds are actually in your favour.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:00 am 

Doubled the amount I've written, but now it's starting to break up into individual pieces which are... harder to string together.

TPmanW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

An opportunity is never a bad thing. Don't be afraid just because it might go bad. Unless it's more likely to go negatively (not just successful, but negative) than positively, I say go for it. And if you're 50/50, then just take the plunge. The mind's bias is away from doing these things, so if you feel 50/50 then the odds are actually in your favour.

This has gotten so very complicated and weird.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
hey so I am currently processing A Thing with a couple of my colleagues and I can't really discuss it in public 'cause there is no way that me getting publicly involved will help the situation, and I don't want to reach out to the folks who are involved 'cause again, unlikely to help, but I need to vent somewhere and this community is a) full of wonderful, supportive people and b) almost completely disconnected from my YouTube work, so hopefully y'all don't mind me dumping this here. feel free to chime in with thoughts as well, but I just need to put it somewhere.

Spoiler

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:57 pm 

Oof.

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 pm 

Identity: Human
@razorborne:

I would like think if I were in your situation, I'd either tell them (privately, obviously) to be adults and come help me out on this thing we've been doing, or else don't come around until they've talked it out because I don't need you two to be bringing your personal drama into my space. I'd like to think that, but I know I probably wouldn't have the cojones.

What I'd probably end up doing, is approach them with the knowledge that right now they'd probably not be around each other until they've hashed it out, and create a schedule that they're both aware of -- i.e. one week, one guy is doing the stream with you, the next week the other guy, rinse and repeat. Try to make it as clear as possible that you still want to continue working with both, but that having them upset at each other brings down the quality of your own work if you're having to deal with them both at once.

Also, sorry if I'm being a little presumptuous or anything; as usual I'm posting too late in the day after a ridiculously long day.

Speaking of long days, I spent a full 12 hours related to work today, 10 1/2 hours of which I was actually at work. Also, one of my co-workers called in, so I had to run up and down more than usual. Thankfully, it wasn't a really busy day, but that doesn't make it easy.

This is why I've been absent lately. Today was a little extra long, but I've had many similar days over the last few weeks. It's that time of year where people are coming in to take advantage of their insurance before their deductibles reset, so it's getting steadily busier at my work.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:05 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Also, sorry if I'm being a little presumptuous or anything; as usual I'm posting too late in the day after a ridiculously long day.

absolutely not, I appreciate your insight.

as a quick update, I think I misread Adam's position, he seems to be taking pretty active steps to reach out and apologize but Sideways blocked him (which, again, I don't blame him for given his interpretation of events) so he hasn't been able to. I think your approach makes sense, it's just that given that we work in a public field we have to manage audience reactions and working separately with each of them draws a lot of attention to the issue. I think in the end the best move is to just wait it out, but it's really hard to just wait for stuff like this.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm 

Yeah, it's rough to have conflict in your proximity. I do not envy you. If you feel that you can handle it, you might offer to mediate. If Sideways will not listen to Adam, you could offer to act as messenger. But only do that if you feel that you can maintain tact and diplomacy. I don't know how you handle conflict, and if you feel you would get to involved it is probably better to stay out. In that case you could just suggest to them that they find a neutral mediator to help them settle matters. It is always better to get an outside perspective.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:14 pm 

@razor: Your story reminds me of the fable of the Mosquito and the Vacuum Cleaner. It sucks. A lot. Only once in my life have I ever been in a situation even vaguely similar to that, and it wasn't on anything approaching that scale.

I guess my instinct would be to talk to each one individually, get their side of things, and express your opinion to them in as respectful a way as you can. I would also describe your side of it and admit to your frustrations (this thing that has nothing to do with you does hurt you, in fact) and basically just ask them where they stand with you and with the project.

But yeah. Sucks. A lot. Sorry to hear you're going through this, razor.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 am 

I'll be out of town for the weekend. Headed to a convention.

In other news, as an update, texted the girl who gave me her number. Set up a date and kept talking to her. Turns out, we aren't a very good match, but she's more interested in seeing where things go than I am, but she also is too nice for me to just blow her off, so I tried to be a poor date and lay out that I'm not really what she's looking for.

...it did not work as well as I'd hoped. I think I can't really spare her feelings, but I'm really not what she's looking for, despite her thoughts to the contrary.
I did not think I'd be having this issue. Like... ever.
It's been stressful.

Not the least because I STILL DON'T KNOW HER NAME. A fact I told her outright when we started chatting and one she did not aim to rectify.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 am 

Okay, yes. This sounds like you need to just get out of there. If she is that bad at taking hints, be blunt before she build you up too much in her mind. Sounds like it could end badly if you don't nip it in the bud.

my ego sig

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376 ... 379  Next