It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 96  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:14 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2018
Posts: 259
Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/her/hers/herself
KoD, I feel like I'm Murica in Conflux mafia - why did you vote for the crystal skeleton, and why do I look like town PK to you?

Also I was indeed intentionally asking to get a date - I like being mildly provocative early game.

_________________
Rubik wrote:
now that pk is online it's impossible to kill her


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2018
Posts: 259
Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/her/hers/herself
I got a very similar feel when you mentioned that you were glad naga didn't hold last game against you.

Is town kod really that polite

_________________
Rubik wrote:
now that pk is online it's impossible to kill her


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2018
Posts: 259
Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/her/hers/herself
You know I'm about to be off work 3 months KoD, and it's been a long time since we've buried each other in walls

I bet we can get go 5k

_________________
Rubik wrote:
now that pk is online it's impossible to kill her


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:43 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3884
Do you think you'll be back in the game proper when the next day starts PK?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2018
Posts: 259
Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/her/hers/herself
Probably. Recent events were unforeseeable.

It'll dip after I have knee surgery too. I'm not sure high on pain pills mafia is very constructive

_________________
Rubik wrote:
now that pk is online it's impossible to kill her


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:00 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4011
I'm this game, it might not really make a difference, tbh.

_________________
Come and play 3 Card Magic! The Most Minimalistic Magic Format! (TM)

my ego sig


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 587
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
funnier6- wrote:
I really really really really really really really hate just about everything JD has posted. The snarky attitude is sooooooo ugh. Note that I have no idea how that correlates to his alignment whatsoever but its coloring my impression of him from his ISO so thought I'd mention it. He's doing that thing where like, I dont believe these are real emotions. I dont believe you really believe that. I dont believe you could put forward this know it all attitude and miss the facts right in front of your face. If you like to do me a favor, explain to me how on earth you hunt scum. I figure you wont answer that since the types I've met who act like that never do. But I'd like to understand you if possible.


Day 1 I mostly guage people based on reactions. Amber and SmS's scum flags are a good example. Take something minor, blow it into a definitive scum tell, watch how they respond. I also watch for subtle miscues when people speak. SmS is another good example, despite claiming to know minish well enough to accurately assess her alignment most of the time he wasn't initially outright sure my claim was a lie, unlike the rest of the ZD crew. In my youth I was a bit of a hot head like Ex with the stubbornness of KoD. Its gifted me with the ability to pretty easily read KoD, since I see much of my younger self in him. Not always accurate but pretty decent.

@Fred (pretty sure it was Fred), MS 2 had almost an equivelant number of 3p and town, with only a few 3p not incentivized to help the town. Most had survivor win cons but had a clause that was basically "you can't win if mafs do".

@Ex, the fundamental flaw with your argument is that your alignment is still a question. Nothing you've said makes you town so everybody is still just left to go on their read of you and decide if it's of more benefit to have you live or not. From a town perspective the possibility that you're scum lingers heavy, if they haven't town read you already your claim isn't going to change it for them. For scum they likely don't care if you're alive because the more death the closer they are to win. Further the arguments with Zinger are fear mongering because you don't know his role. Even if your PM tells you he's a threat to everybody on Day 8, you don't know the ifs and how's of the road to that day so you can't definitively say Zinger controls the lynch day 4+. And that mongering doesn't help your case either.

I think that is everything I wanted to reply to.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4075
Location: Here. Always.
Guess who is finally done with work? This guy.

I promise to give you the answers you seek PK. Right after I get this Starbucks, go to Hardeez, get 2 Frisco breakfast sandwiches, and go home to relax.

Oh, hi JD.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 587
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Look at my husbando, bringing me breakfast. :love:

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 220
Identity: Male
funnier6- wrote:
I'm voting EX for several reasons
... because his initial self-defense was based primarily in shifting the burden of proof, a tactic I am familiar with from certain players as scum.
... because I felt his appeal to theory was poorly grounded, and represented fishing for probable locations of town power roles based on several leaps of logic regarding the Crystal Skeleton.
... because his second defense tactic was to drum up a boogey man. I do believe that he might possess the mechanic to destroy Zinger. However, I do not feel that doing so is necessarily even to the town's benefit, and I cannot believe that it is necessary to the town's survival.
... because when we all began to understand that Zinger was not, in fact, simply trolling, we initially operated under the assumption that, based on his claim and several follow-up questions regarding said claim, he represented more of an alternate win condition than a hostile third party. And I believe that is what the evidence bears out. Zinger, interpreted as such, is a threat to the mafia, and not a threat to the town. Therefore, it would be foolhardy to assume that the means of eliminating Zinger would be town-sided.

"Shifting the burden of proof"?

Do you not believe that its possible that Ex saw Rubik advocating for himself and wondered "Why would Rubik go and make himself a target?" "Is it because he has nothing to fear?" Which I think is a rather sound line of thought that he unfortunately felt the need to include the flip side town motivation of.

He didnt need to draw up anything. Zinger is literally a Lovecraftian horror. I rather think he'd like you to believe he's not hostile if he is, which is very likely. The fact that this occurs on day eight, quite a bit longer than games of this size usually last, raises quite a bit of questions on what kind of wincon it is and tbh I have no idea why anyone would think it was town sided to go along with it. Theres quite a lot of room for lies of omission in there.

Shifting the Burden of Proof: https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?p=650660#p650660. My first take https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?p=650680#p650680

I don't see why you'd take flavor as a lovecraftian horror to be an indicator of alignment. Need I remind you, we're all trying to marry a skeleton? Made of crystal? I doubt any of our roles are "normal" from a flavor perspective; I know mine kind of made me throw my hands in the air and say "sure".

My countdown is, in good faith and limited by potential inaccuracy, to the lynch deadline. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else depends on, is triggered by, or otherwise has any relevance to the countdown and to the best of my knowledge the countdown has no bearing or effect on anything else in game. That's all I can say about it.

3(?) hours, 27 minutes remain

Evidently dat is not over soooooo

I don’t see why not to take a lovecraftian horror as indicator of alignment? There has got to be some kind of role that is the death of both sides and Zinger seems pretty likely. You just think everything’s as simple as town mafia and harmless third party? Cause I don’t find that very realistic at all. My one role makes me much less likely to think he’s a big fluffy bunny.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 220
Identity: Male
Rubik wrote:
funnier6- wrote:
RUBIK WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU

Last second vote scrambling isn't my idea of a good time.

I want to lynch HW and while Ex was playing scummy, I'm not especially interested in d1 lynching them after their claim, even though I think it doesn't really clear them as non-scum. I don't think he's a bad wagon, though.

What are you talking about? We’re on HW together


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:51 am 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3253
Day ended 6 hours ago (not 5) so a few votes were past the deadline. I'm going to double check the vote count a few times and then post the death post.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:52 am 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3253
actually upon googling it i did technically say EST when i probably should have said just ET so i guess its more fair to use standard time

sorry if that misled anyone

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 220
Identity: Male
Rubik wrote:
I wonder if it's even possible to stop pk from suddenly causing a no lynch.

It's like trying to stop a tornado.

Anyone with the mildest amount of sense should be able to stop a no lynch. The heck is up with you?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 2365
Location: California
Identity: Rubik
funnier6- wrote:
Rubik wrote:
I wonder if it's even possible to stop pk from suddenly causing a no lynch.

It's like trying to stop a tornado.

Anyone with the mildest amount of sense should be able to stop a no lynch. The heck is up with you?
PK scares me, maybe.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 220
Identity: Male
_ExLight wrote:
Unvote
Vote: No Lynch


I'm actually fine with not lynching
If both Mafia and Town make a truce we can focus on stopping Zinger and then resuming the game as playing normally

EX


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 220
Identity: Male
Rubik wrote:
funnier6- wrote:
Rubik wrote:
I wonder if it's even possible to stop pk from suddenly causing a no lynch.

It's like trying to stop a tornado.

Anyone with the mildest amount of sense should be able to stop a no lynch. The heck is up with you?
PK scares me, maybe.

If PK doenst have the common sense to see how stupid no lynches are I see nothing to fear


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3884
Would be funny if the reason for ex to not jump on the SMS wagon despite posting was because they were both scum, probably neither of them was tho considering my luck and mafia prowess


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2019
Posts: 486
funnier6- wrote:
_ExLight wrote:
Unvote
Vote: No Lynch


I'm actually fine with not lynching
If both Mafia and Town make a truce we can focus on stopping Zinger and then resuming the game as playing normally

EX

yea, sorry for being a moron
I was so happy there were people defending me and working together that I ended up screwing it all up again


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 3253
Final Votecount
Rubik (1) - CL
Hello World (2) - Funnier, Exlight
SMS (4) - JD, Minish, Freddeh, HW
Amber (-1) - Amber
Exlight (6) - KoD, Tevish, SMS, Naga, Rubik, PK
No Lynch (1) - Aaarrrgh
Not Voting (0) - Nobody

If you think there is a mistake with this votecount either let me know in-thread tomorrow or send me a private message.

Deathpost upcoming

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 96  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group