It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 312  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:49 pm 

Barney, I go into office for about 32 hours a week, still.

And I've been having 2 drinks a night since this whole thing started.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm 

Closing Time! You don’t have to go home but I’m not staying here. See y’all tomorrow. Gonna go virtual fish.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:12 pm 

Wintervoid wrote:
China 81,285
USA 80,854
Italy 80,589

Almost there!!!!

USA!! USA!!!! USA!!!

USA 81,996
CONGRATS!!! :party::party:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm 

Thx, we couldn't have done it with immense support!

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:31 pm 

U S A NUMBAH WAN

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm 

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Man, we wouldn’t even be close if it wasn’t for NYC. I hope they’re okay. I was bitching about the way they were lining up for testing, and not just staying home... now that state is 10x worse than anywhere else in the US. Brutal... this is going to feel like 911 for that poor city.

They’re going to get overwhelmed. :(

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-y ... index.html

Btw, Cuomo really **** up. He got caught up in this idea that testing was the goal, instead of just isolation. Article states they’ve tested 100K people... but most of them tested negative. In other words, they shouldn’t have been exposing themselves just to get a test. I wonder how many caught it on the way or the way back. Such a dumb way to handle the situation.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:21 pm 

That article that Cucho and Mjack shared said that aggressive testing lowers the R0

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm 

That article that Cucho and Mjack shared said that aggressive testing lowers the R0

Tell that to NYC. FWIW, I don’t buy it... Not in a city with 8 million people, stacked vertically. We’ve been told, in Houston, to just act like we’ve got it - stay home, stay away from other people, go to the hospital if and only if your life is in actual trouble.

/shrug

I guess we’ll see if it works.

Edit: I’d also like to point out that I’ve had pneumonia... when I had it, I would NOT have been able to stand in line for 2 hours. Bottom line, anyone in those lines in NYC, who’s actually able to stand in those lines, ought to be dispersed, and sent home. They are wasting valuable hospital time, potentially spreading the virus, and they obviously aren’t sick enough to be there.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 pm 

Testing would have had a great impact 4 weeks ago, but back then it wasn't important. It is still worthwhile IF you can do in such a way that it does not spread it more. South Korea seems to have it figured out, why can't we?

Flip side of the NY argument, if they were not testing so aggressively and getting the numbers out there, would we be taking it seriously as a country? There is some value in showing that the situation is actually serious.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:10 pm 

Also the testing centres here take lots of precautions to protect the public who are waiting

Even the pharmacies here have started this weird queuing system

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:26 pm 

Also the testing centres here take lots of precautions to protect the public who are waiting

Even the pharmacies here have started this weird queuing system

Just take a look at what they are doing in NYC. Tell me if that looks smart to you. It’s all over CNN.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I know I’m late to this, but I just saw the celebrity rendition of Imagine. Holy cringe fest. These posh ****ers in their mansions singing that trite song for a world struggling to stay alive and folks hoping they have still have jobs next month.

Italians playing tambourines on their balconies: heartwarming. Opera singer serenading from his balcony: beautiful. German singing 99 red balloons from his balcony while neighbor yells about calling the police (I think?): hilarious. This collaboration: cancer.

I haven’t been an Eat the Rich person since I was a young punk, but lord have mercy watching that took me back in time.

Last edited by The Secret of TIMH on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:00 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Goddammit I took a nap and now there are 3 more pages!

How I feel every morning.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm 

I have a good friend who’s sister is a doctor in NYC. She has a colleague who just wrote the following and it’s a good first hand account of life in that battleground right now ...
Quote:

I don't really post much about my life in the hospital on social media. But with everything happening in the media regarding COVID19, I feel compelled to speak up. I have been working in the medical ICU this week and it has been an emotionally taxing week for a few main reasons.

First of all, this virus is nowhere near slowing down yet and the curve has yet to flatten. We are getting 7-8 ICU admissions MINIMUM each day. We are taking over every area in the hospital capable of supporting critically ill patients to ensure that we can do everything possible for our patients with severe respiratory distress. And that number isn't going to slow down. This virus will frequently become much worse before you even have a hope of getting better. We have just as many, if not more, people being admitted to the hospital in critical condition as we do people who have already been admitted for 2, 3, 4+ days in non-critical settings becoming acutely worse. Even if patients stopped coming to the hospital today, we would continue to spread our resources simply taking care of the patients that are already here.

Second, and just importantly, we are not able to save everyone. This virus is deadly and do not let anyone undermine that fact. It is incredibly heartbreaking to call someone, often my age or younger, to let them know their mom or dad have expired. It is equally heartbreaking to call the parents of these patients and tell them that despite our very best efforts, their adult children are still getting worse and may expire imminently. And to make matters worse, you just remember that patients aren't allowed visitors, so their family members are being told over the phone that over the course of a week, their 100% healthy loved ones developed respiratory failure, often kidney failure, and eventual cardiovascular collapse.

Third, we do not have the resources to take care of everyone. It is the unfortunate truth that when the ICU is called about patients in their high 80s and 90s who developed severe respiratory failure, we have to make a tough decision. Patients in that age that have severe symptoms (and that's not to say all patients in that age range will have severe symptoms, but many do and will), it is a near 100% mortality. We have to ask ourselves if it's worth the extremely minimal chance of eventual recovery of putting these patients on full respiratory support, support that will likely eventually be needed to take care of a patient 40-50 years their junior that has a higher chance of recovery? And sadly the answer is no. And at that point we will do everything to take care of these elderly patients in the means of keeping them comfortable but to be extremely aggressive would mean sacrificing other lives with minimal hope of saving any lives at all.

And lastly, there is not yet any miracle treatment. There are numerous medications that might (and a strong emphasis on the might) be helpful in expediting recovery. But none of them at this time can truthfully say that they work; there are promising reports, but there are no large studies to confirm this. And from what I've been seeing in the ICU, if they do work it is only in a small portion of cases and it is unclear if it was the medication or simply the bodies own immune system that is helping to clear the disease To complicate this fact, there is a shortage on almost all these medications, and there are populations of patients which cannot be started on some of these medications due to other health issues. So if you get sick, there absolutely is NOT any guaranteed treatment to make you better. We have had patients on multiple of these medications who continually get worse.

What I'm trying to say is STAY AT HOME. And if you decide that you're too good for that, just understand that you are risking the lives of every person you are in contact with, including your parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and even your children. Think about that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
We need to build some statues honoring healthcare workers after this is over. God bless those true heroes of humanity.

Also plumbers tbh

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 am 

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for being a dick by spamming news stories over the past few weeks.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:23 am 

We need to build some statues honoring healthcare workers after this is over. God bless those true heroes of humanity.

Also plumbers tbh

we need to pay them better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:16 am 

what do you guys think explains the massive dispersion in mortality rate? I don't understand that at all. I get why the numbers of deaths and cases is different everywhere, but the mortality rate you'd think would be fairly consistent.

Drosten said the countries just use different methods to measure fatality rates. So basically apples and oranges.

For example every dead person in Italy that had covid is added to the Corona statistics despite any other illnesses the person had. This is not done in Germany. Dying with covid doesn't mean you died from covid, so these cases don't appear in our stats.

Another factor is how many people are tested. The more you test, the lower will be the fatality rate because you're resting people with fewer if any symptoms. From those you get some positives but they don't die. On the other hand if you only test those who are really sick, the mortality is obviously higher.

Sorry for any typos.. phone..

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 am 

Boris johnson just tested positive for coronavirus!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 312  Next