It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:58 pm 

Hail of Burning Ice
Sorcery

Each player chooses permanent they control, and then chooses a permanent they control at random. Those players sacrifice those permanents. (The same permanent could possibly be chosen twice, and only that permanent would be sacrificed.)
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.)

"...lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding..." -The Old Testament, Psalm 148:8

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 pm 

Archmage's Will
Enchantment

Whenever a creature attacks you, you may untap up to one permanent you control.
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may tap up to one permanent you don't control.

"The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies." -Napoleon Bonaparte

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 pm 

The Pest Nest
Legendary Creature - Gremlin 3/1

When The Pest Nest enters the battlefield, create a number of 1/1 red Gremlin creature tokens equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it.
Whenever a Gremlin you control attacks, destroy target artifact or nonbasic land unless its controller pays .

"One sees more devils than vast hell can hold..." -William Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:50 pm 

Stuck in the Mud
Enchantment

Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, reveal the top card of your library. If it’s a Swamp card, that creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each Swamp you control. Then put the revealed card on the bottom of your library.

"He turns rivers into a desert,springs of water into thirsty ground, a fruitful land into a salty waste,because of the evil of its inhabitants." -The Old Testament, Psalm 107:33-34

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm 

A mechanic idea like "The Monarch":

"The Fiend"

No one can become the fiend until a card that makes someone the fiend is played (like monarch status).

A player becomes "the fiend" whenever creatures they control deal 7 or more combat damage in a single combat phase to at least one player (this includes poison counters from infect or poisonous).

The idea is to punish durdling and reward aggressive play. There are big benefits to being The Fiend, so whoever gets there first has a big advantage.

Ogre Tree-Feller
Creature - Ogre Berserker

Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
When Ogre Tree-Feller enters the battlefield, you become the fiend is no other player is the fiend.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you are the fiend, target Forest you control becomes an artifact Equipment that has "Equipped creature gets +5/+5 and has trample" and "Equip: Tap an untapped Ogre you control." It is still a land.
3/3

Master of Assassins
Creature - Aetherborn Assassin Vampire

First strike, lifelink
When Master of Assassins enters the battlefield, you become the fiend if no other player is the fiend.
If you are the fiend, Assassins and Vampires you control have "Pay 2 life, : Destroy target tapped creature."
2/2

Playful Attic Ghost
Creature - Spirit

Flying
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Playful Attic Ghost.
When you become the fiend, transform Playful Attic Ghost.

"I remember seeing it once as a child at Lampstead Manor. Everyone else had gone to pick berries, and none believed me when I told them of it's funny face, it's contagious laugh..."
0/1

(transform)

The Thing from Under the Bed

(black card, no mana cost)
Creature - Spirit Horror
Shadow (This creature can only block or be blocked by creatures with shadow.)
When The Thing from Under the Bed attacks, if you are the fiend, each opponent loses life equal to its power. Then you gain life equal to the life lost this way, and The Thing from Under the Bed deals no combat damage this turn.

"...and the bloody grin on its face when it giggled it was going to murder me, my parents, and my sister, just like it did to the Lampstead family!"
3/5

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:39 pm 

Does the fiend have any intrinsic bonus like the +1 card per turn you get from being the monarch?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 pm 

Flopfoot wrote:
Does the fiend have any intrinsic bonus like the +1 card per turn you get from being the monarch?

Hi Flopfoot, thanks for the reply.

I hadn't intended for such a bonus, and don't really know what might be a good one to pick. I think it should be related to the combat phase somehow.

The original plan was to just have fiend status activate the powerful "fiend status" cards.

Like this post