It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 am 

Yeah, I don't like mono-U because it relies to much on obsession. If you don't draw it it's just to slow. Wish we had something like Military Intelligence in the pool. Bident of Thassa would be a bit too expensive.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 pm 

Another Teferi hater here. One of the sweetest victories recently was winning with mono green and a single resolved Carnage Tyrant. Can't wait to beat the sucker with Golgari, my favourite colours.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:25 am 

By golly, I swear one of the sweetests things about the Temur Reclamation deck is that it's favored against control. "You know what, I'm not done yet" -- hell yeah, especially when your deck's loaded with Kaya's Wrath and Moments of Craving and has no good way to beat Niv-Mizzet. I'm willing to put up with getting pulverized by red and white aggro just to punch your face, ****ing Teferi.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:53 am 

Wow, that's a lot of teferi hate.

The fun thing that I've discovered is that teferi is actually esper's weak point. All you really have to do is forget their life total and focus on killing every teferi you can and they'll eventually deck themselves.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:30 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
So true. I'm thinking of putting Ego back in my Dimir for that exact reason.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:28 pm 

New Teferi is **** worse...
3 cmc (WU)
4 loyalty!
Each opponent can only cast spells at sorcery speed

+1: Until your next turn you can cast sorcery’s as if they have flash
-3: return, target enchantment, creature or artifact to its owner hand, Draw one.

So you cast this and your opponents cant respond at instant speed, no counter, no reactions.
Bounce relevant stuff and protect it... now add reclamation to the mix...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:32 pm 

Identity: American Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Not a SJW...you have been warned.
Wait to see the rest of the set. He's not that bad.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:22 am 

3 cmc (WU)
4 loyalty!

-3: return, target enchantment, creature or artifact to its owner hand, Draw one.

So you cast this and your opponents cant respond at instant speed, no counter, no reactions.

That looks like the nuts in control mirrors: comes down before the 3-mana counters are online, makes all your other spells uncounterable. You can still counter this with Negate, Spell Pierce and Syncopate, and maybe it can be Thoughtseized with Thought Erasure, but still ... ew. **** Teferi and his guts.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 am 

N.I.B. wrote:
Another Teferi hater here. One of the sweetest victories recently was winning with mono green and a single resolved Carnage Tyrant. Can't wait to beat the sucker with Golgari, my favourite colours.

Yeah, sweetest victory EVER yesterday. I had a horrendous boring drawn-out game with a Golgari deck against an Azorius wanker. He had resolved the Teferi emblem and was bouncing his last Teferi back to the library as his last card remaning card, when I managed to punch him in his gentleman parts with a Vraska's Contempt so he decked himself.

It was so sweet that I had to pour a glass of wine and just sit there for five minutes, oozing in the good feels.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 am 

Just played a very long BO1 game with Selesnya tokens vs. Esper control. Not only is this a bad matchup, I was running Thorn Lieutenant. Ouch. He stalls on mana for 3 turns, which is enough for me to threaten an ultimate with Huatli, but he topdecks the land he needs to Vraska's Contempt in time. Then he does very Esper things while all the threats I cast are answered. At many points he tapped low and if I'd just drawn The Immortal Sun I'd be home free, but I never did. The only solace was I had Arch of Orazca going, as well as a flipped Adanto the First Fort. At one point I considered conceding, but then I stopped myself, wanting to see a real win condition first.

And then it became clear that he had no win condition except Teferi emblem! Because of Adanto, his Teferi was always under pressure. Meanwhile, I just kept drawing cards and making 1/1s. He realized probably a little later than I did that his only chance was to kill my Adanto tokens with Mortify, Moment of Craving, and so on; so with his Teferi on 6 loyalty he finally started using those premium removal on humble 1/1s. That was when I finally decided to play some cards. He countered twice - he had no choice - and I stuck a Conclave Tribunal to remove Teferi. The stalemate went on for a bit longer and then he gave up, knowing he would deck way before I would.

<3 Teferi. I mean, yeah, I don't think his deck was well-built - where're the alternative win conditions and Mastermind's Acquisition - but still. <3 Teferi. I hate you so much.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 am 

I just beat an Esper control deck by attacking five times with Rekindling Phoenix. The turn before he would've died, he played Kaya's Wrath into Cry of the Carnarium to kill the Phoenix, but I had Syncopate. Hah, after his T2 Thought Erasure took my Wilderness Reclamation too. My only regret is no Teferi to punch.

:censored: Teferi :censored:

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 pm 

3 cmc (WU)
4 loyalty!

**** Teferi!

3-mana Teferi takes the cake as an even more annoying Teferi than the original. Like seriously. That card's good enough to maindeck and invalidates swathes of cards, plus it's very annoying to see your creatures keep getting bounced. Wtf? #BanTeferi

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Banedon wrote:
3 cmc (WU)
4 loyalty!

**** Teferi!

3-mana Teferi takes the cake as an even more annoying Teferi than the original. Like seriously. That card's good enough to maindeck and invalidates swathes of cards, plus it's very annoying to see your creatures keep getting bounced. Wtf? #BanTeferi

New Teferi is great in like 75% of decks and has implications across multiple formats. He's a house. He has a place in aggro, tempo, control, etc.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 am 

Yeah, so #BanTeferi :censored:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 pm 

**** Teferi

Single-handedly makes Nexus unplayable. Well done Wizards. Like, add hate cards for Nexus, sure (as though that deck didn't have enough hate cards already), but add one that is this powerful? It's like, I can't even leverage Nexus's so-called ability to win game 1 because that card is in half the other decks' maindeck, and there's no good way to remove it after it's cast. No way to play around him either. It's either counter him, discard him, or you lose. Sheesh.

Favourite quote about Standard so far, by MPL member Mike Sigrist:

Quote:
When my Teferi, Time Raveler is forcing my opponent to play awkwardly each and every turn, leaving dead counterspells in their hand, it’s getting me something more valuable than the threat of an ultimate somewhere down the road. I’m getting actual card advantage out of the static ability, and strategic advantage in the form of the ability to play at instant speed. For this reason, the number of counterspells needs to trend down. I’m often surprised how often my opponents are boarding into cards like Negate, Disdainful Stroke, and Dovin’s Veto when I already have—and I’m boarding in more—copies of Teferi, Time Raveler. This is especially problematic on the draw when it’s much easier to play Teferi. Use it to bounce the only threat and then start trading one-for-one down the chain, eventually leaving the opponent with dead counters in hand and no way to remove the Teferi.

So good. One Teferi, invalidating an entire class of spells. Might as well rename him to Teferi, slayer of counterspells.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:31 am 

Funny how he **** into his own club-house :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:21 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Shutting down counterspells wasn't some design flaw. That's who Teferi is.

Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

At least the PW doesn't have flash.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:41 pm 

5 mana vs. 3 mana is not comparable :ahem::censored:

Like this post