All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Choose the best judge
Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 pm
Cucho Lambreta 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
DaRkStAr 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
Total voters : 4
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am 

Ok you bastards I love this forum too much to see this contest fail!
I will set in a judgemental mode and kick off this thing in the evening I will try to be as salty as I can :P

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:59 pm 

Ok you bastards I love this forum too much to see this contest fail!
I will set in a judgemental mode and kick off this thing in the evening I will try to be as salty as I can :P

<3

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 pm 

RL happened, my trials will begin tomorrow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:09 pm 

Warm up round
lets start with DarkStar
No Quasiduplicate, but I know this deck, I have played my fair amount of Wizards... Burning Prophet should be here!

Devil next
Triple Quasiduplicate!!!
too bad I could only copy one lousy Hawk.... :gross:

Heffalump next
This thing looks far more complicated to pilot
LOL I accidentally used Verts Omniscience deck... and lost to SPARKY!!!! what an awful deck LOL -BELETED-
I will select the right one now
Ok this deck is fun... I completely destroyed Sparky

Wacky to wrap things up
This deck also seems very familiar ;)
love it!
--
So now I will make a two step trials, one on paper a look at the decks and some thoughts on the build on a 1-7 scale, then I will take the deck into one event and see how it performs every win will grant one point, extra points for fun interactions and crazy games.
---
DarkStar Wizards:

So I know this archetype and I can see a couple of problems on the build, this deck wants to put pressure on the early game so probably should have used the red wizards as the shell.. I can only think that Quasiduplicate messed up that plan and the deck suffers from it, the best creature you can copy here is Adeliz and she is legendary, that´s not were you want to be with Quasiduplicate, the other cards are decent but very reliant on a creature based matchup so this thing will suffer if it faces any kind of control deck. Also the deck only runs 16 creatures which seems quite low to break the card I would recommend at least 20 creatures, so you can always have one target to duplicate.

So as far as Breaking Quasiduplicate I give a 3/7 on paper, but lets see how it behaves on the one event.

G1 VS Esper Control...
T3 I deploy my Adeliz...
0-1

G2 Vs RDW
this was closer but then again... I had 2 Quasiduplicates... only Adeliz on the Board :(
0-2

G3 Vs Esper Again
Again we are damn too slow our deck matched poorly against the meta :(

deck gets an awful result and I´m deleting this thing and never look back!

0-3!
Final score: 3
BELETED!

That is it for today!

PS: DarkStar you owe me 500 gold!

Last edited by Cucho Lambreta on Sat May 11, 2019 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
This is getting good. (grabbing popcorn)

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm 

Let us continue with our beloved Devil!

Devils Angels
Ok buddy this is a hot mess!!
You got 10 creatures on a quasiduplicate deck!!! I mean what the hell were you thinking!!??
Also you got and Absorb... I mean the mana requirements of this thing are insane!
You got 12 white sources... 14 blue... that sounds at least decent but only 6! Red ones.. this thing got lucky to beat sparky, and I already hate you for making me play with it!
1/7 coz I love you too much to give you the zero!!
disgusting! :gross:

Lets see if this abortion gets lucky!

Better be lucky than good!
Against some awful Selenya deck, I countered his stuff got in the board...cast my spells!!! and completely destroyed this guy for the lulz provided!
Spoiler

1-0
G2 against Esper....
I somehow get him to 4 but.. now hes got Tefer a full hand and I´m holding my dick...
still not over tho
Chromium hits the board... he is just toying with us ...
1-1 :(
gonna go out for a beer, will finish this run tomorrow morning!
G3
Against Gogari
This game was epic!
So he developed his board, 2 WGW 1 Lieutenant and one Branchwalker... I let him coz I got my clarion ready... So next turn I blast the board.. and hold a counter... and yeah the silly mana base worked like a charm...
next thing he cast finality but he´s only at one green source... so I counter the Lieutenant and start drawing cards... I´m 15 cards deep and no creatures I ditch 2 quasiduplicates to the GY, then I top deck a Resplendent Angel, I make a copy of him, he kill one but I still got the second one.. I cast Quasi on it and 2 Sentinel masks to trigger the token generation!
He casts Finale of Eternity!!! Bastard!
but I still got one Token left, then I grab a Siege Gang make 2 copies of him attack with everything... he blocks but I ping him with the commanders for exaties!

2-1!

G4 Against RDW
I had my angel in hand and a combat trick to try to keep him alive... -that was a T4 play- he drew the nuts and got me before I could even play anything.

2-2

G5 against Golgari Citadel.
He got greedy and I almost got him... but then I made a huge mistake with my aura and completely **** this up!!
Damn! -I would try to compensate but it would not be fair for the rest of the decks- BELETED!
Anyway the deck did better than I thought it will he retires with 2 wins and 2 Cucho´s points for the fun games.

Final score

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am 

Heffalump NEXT!
Build
This deck is interesting, the game plan seems straightforward enough 22 creatures seems decent for Quasiduplicate shenanigans, the mana base looks decent also but the combo requires and 12 blue sources... I think you rather be on 14 but it seems close enough, 11 sources for the black splash seems right too specially if you are casting it a T4, that said with Freyalise you could basically do anything you want... I like also the Inmortan sun here coz you can ramp quite fast and ride some value on it, I hate that this thing has no real ways to interact, no removal, no evasion, so this is an all in swarm the board and cast Dryard to pump the team. Dryard is a fine Quasiduplicate target same as Poison tip and Sporecrown. Overall I think the deck is decently built and has an alternative win con that involves Quasiduplicate, so I will give it a 5/7 on paper.

Lets see how it behaves on the ladder. event

G1 against Grixis
long story short
GGs
0-1
G2 Against Vanifar Bant
We got punished badly no interaction so Vanifar runs unchecked and steals the game... he had no chance
Spoiler

0-2

Against RDW
short history short
we loose hard
0-3
Deck did not get a chance to do ****, coz it trusted that your opponent basically did not mess with our plans.. the deck felt very weak in the end and any amount of disruption made it crash and burn!
BELETED!

Final score

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 am 

Wacky next!
common Wacky throw me a bone here!!
**** I started already-
Ok this deck looks like a proper build lots of ETB -what you want with quasi- a lot of ways to interact, synergies and overall a solid deck on paper, mana base is all rares so you got sources for everything. Great deck!
6/7

G1 against mono U
We got this on our back pocket!
T2 removal T3 Thief, T4 removal ride victory!
1-0

G2 Against Feather deck
we stole everything to him!
He had Krenko with Angelic exaltation!
and we come back!!

2-0
Call it for a day I gotta be somewhere else.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 am 

You described what I think of most my decks. Fun abortions that can actually win games. There are exceptions to that rule like my present mono white and Orzhov and that Wizard/Burn deck you liked before the wipe but this deck?
This one was built with nothing but crazy jankiness fun in mind and it looks like you had some.
Mission accomplished.
Hehehehe. I'm happy to see the judging going on.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
Shakey Deal Facebook

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:28 pm 

A quicky!
Vs Boros feather
T2 Hero, T3 Thief
T3 Feather
T4 Mortify on Feather... He rage quit.
3-0

Against RDW
this was fun
He started fast
T2 Pyromancer
T3 Wizards strike and LUTS I respond with moment of craving
T3 I drop Thief trying to lure burn and avoid him casting a SteamKin from LUTS he gets the land the Steamkin and Strike my Thief
T4 I drop Deputy
T5 Frenzy I mortify
T6 Whirler I quasiduplicate my Deputy
T7 Bell-Haunt he quits
4-0

Against RDW again
This was also very interesting, I made him cast lots of his burn on my Deputies, after he exhausted all his resources and dropped a Flame of Keld I just mortify it, then steal his Chainwhirler and cast two heroes... he had seen enough
5-0

Amazing game Vs Grixis
he had Baby Bolas, Big Bolas double Lily... so that was pretty overwhelming.. it was not that far tho GGs
5-1

Against mono U
this guy did not knew how to play his deck... easy win
killed 2 curious guys into open mana....
6-1!

Lets see if Wacky can crown his win
CHAMPIONSHIP POINT!

Against RDW
Easy peasy!
Wacky takes it home!
Opponent mulls to 5 with 3 firebrands... thats is not going to make the cut man GGs
Spoiler

Congrats WACKY!!
Final score:
14!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 pm 

FINAL SCORES
1. Wacky
2. Devil -wins tiebreaker-
3. Heffalump
4. Darkstar

Fun times!
Please do chose something fun!!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:11 am 

Wow Cucho ! You made a vey nice judging. And a so awesome run with my deck..
I never did that. I m always fighting vs my mana base with this deck.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:50 am 

Congrats Wacky!

Shakey Deal Facebook

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 pm 

Looks like wacky0's gonna win this one by a long shot.

Just added the poll for best judge, because reasons...

Don't think anyone else is gonna judge, so get your voting done and we can move on to the next one.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:07 pm 

Can Wacky already choose the next card!?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 am 

Thank you!

Hope there comes a day when I have enough wildcards to judge. Heading to work on that rn :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm 

WACKY!!!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:07 pm 

omg, this is GREAT

Quote:
Heffalump next
LOL I accidentally used Verts Omniscience deck... and lost to SPARKY!!!! what an awful deck LOL -BELETED-

..and it just gets better from here! I haven't read through all of this yet but I totally will. Such responsible judges! It was SO hard to pick best judge cuz Darkstar is the one that got the ball rolling and was so responsible, plus he played ten games with each deck which is SO cool. I would never do that with a deck I hated after one game. But I would play WAY more than 10 games with a deck I love (looking at you, Haven).

So I really want to vote Darkstar best judge but Cucho's write-ups bring tears to my heart cuz they make me miss Magic and judging and all that. So I gotta vote for him, sorry Darkstar. Especailly when he goes 0.3 with your deck and gets all mad, lol

can't wait to read more later.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 pm 

omg, this is GREAT

Quote:
Heffalump next

..and it just gets better from here! I haven't read through all of this yet but I totally will. Such responsible judges! It was SO hard to pick best judge cuz Darkstar is the one that got the ball rolling and was so responsible, plus he played ten games with each deck which is SO cool. I would never do that with a deck I hated after one game. But I would play WAY more than 10 games with a deck I love (looking at you, Haven).

So I really want to vote Darkstar best judge but Cucho's write-ups bring tears to my heart cuz they make me miss Magic and judging and all that. So I gotta vote for him, sorry Darkstar. Especailly when he goes 0.3 with your deck and gets all mad, lol

can't wait to read more later.

You took the words right out of my mouth Barn.
They were both great judges. I really enjoyed my deck being played ten times and Cucho's write up. I can't pick a clear judging winner. We need a third to add some more tension.
Edit: Oh and ... get the game Barney. I don't like sitting in front of my pc gaming either. You know I'm a PS baby. This game has got a lot of promise and I'm sure you've seen, very well made and supported. I bet we could get a few of us, me included, to start a little GoFundMe so you can come in with a bit of a collection. As an XBox lad, you and I have never played. Really the only XBox lad I got to play was Matt back in the 2015 game. That was the first year I had to play on pc but we still had vocal chat and all that and did FFA nights and I made a PS controller bluetooth to my pc and everything was fine because I used a big screen as a monitor.
I'm getting all nostalgic again.
Get the damn game and join us at our discord where every NGA'r is an administrator.
No one has had to ban anyone yet.
We are well behaved.
:evil:

Shakey Deal Facebook

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:41 pm 

That’s very nice but I’m happy watching you guys have fun. I promise I’ll play if it ever comes to Xbox

For now Magic 2014 scratches my itch just fine

Like this post