It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:15 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Teferi, Chronomaster :3::w::u:
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi
If you haven't activated a loyalty ability of ~ since the beginning of your last upkeep, you may activate loyalty abilities of ~ at any time you could cast an instant.
{+1} Counter target spell unless its controller pays :1:. Draw a card.
{-3} Put target attacking or blocking creature on top of its owner's library.
{-8} Exile any number of target permanents, then return all but one of them to the battlefield under their owners' control.
{6}

EDIT: increased starting loyalty and ultimate cost by 1.

Last edited by Cato on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:22 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set:
I like it a lot, but shouldn't that ability have an "up to" in there?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:18 am 

Nope, I worded it that way on purpose, because it creates an interesting play dynamic where your opponent can limit your utility by not playing spells, playing spells during your turn, or playing spells during their first main phase to bait it out so that they can attack without getting time ebbed. Meanwhile, you can also use it on your own spells to draw a card by paying :1:, which your opponent can also bait out during their end step before they tap out and sneak in an instant.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:21 am 

Oh hey, you guys like flashwalkers, right?

Smaller Tef :2::w::u:
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi
If you haven't activated a loyalty ability of ~ since the beginning of your last upkeep, you may activate loyalty abilities of ~ at any time you could cast an instant.
{+1} Look at the top 5 cards of your library. You may reveal an instant card or a card with flash from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
{-1} Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand unless its controller pays :1:.
{-7} You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, you may counter target spell."
{4}

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 am 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
Cool idea.
I like big Tef's +1 better, but he's too beefy and it doesn't take long at all to get to that brutal ultimate. (yeah, I know the opponent can make it harder to get there, but not playing spells is a huge cost that doesn't guarantee anything for them)
LittleTef's lacks some of the timing challenge of big Tef. The first 2 abilities can just be used whenever (Not optimally, but to great effect). That ultimate is way cooler though. Every cantrip becomes a counter. It still requires cards to make use of, but if you've set yourself up the opponent has very few options.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 am 

Big Tef's ultimate isn't brutal, it's just "exile target permanent" + a mass flicker effect. The best use is obviously as a pocket reset on him at 9 counters or more, but that takes a while to come out. I do kinda want to drop the starting/ultimate loyalty on him back down by 1 though, I changed him because I thought he was underpowered before, but I might have pushed him a bit too far this time by letting him have double -3 right off the bat.

MiniTef's minus ability is super timing important because you can rescue your own permanents against removal. I would maybe like to make the + ability more timing dependent though. His ultimate puts the opponent in a position where it's difficult or impossible for them to win any sort of long game if your deck is built to use it, but like... it's an ultimate. It's supposed to do that. And the fact that it doesn't affect the board at all means that it's not even an insta-win.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 am 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
I misread Big Tef's ult. I thought it exiled everything then only brought back one of them- basically a 1-sided board wipe.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post