It is currently Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:42 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Aaarrrgh wrote:
Ooh, he's brought lemon seeds and/or saplings to his home plane, and he's convinced they simply cannot grow there, but really he just doesn't care for them properly.

I LOVE that :D

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Ooh, he's brought lemon seeds and/or saplings to his home plane, and he's convinced they simply cannot grow there, but really he just doesn't care for them properly.

I LOVE that :D

Meanwhile, outside his holdings in the neighboring areas, lemon trees have become an infestation of epidemic proportions, but he spends so little time with his neighbors, he's oblivious to said phenomenon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:32 pm 

Okay, so, so far, it sounds as if we're all pretty much on board with with "Slow Mage/Spellbomb user" fact and we seem largely on board with the "Lemon/Sense of Taste" facts.

Are people alright going with those as "true" for now?

Additionally, we have a negative vote for "Hums to himself" fact, and I'll add in that I'll also vote no on that one unless someone wants to convince me. So are we good dropping that one?

In order to keep this relatively organized, let's focus on the other facts people have mentioned. They are, in no particular order:

1. Birds unnerve him.

2. He kept a small pet drake for a few months, but his housekeeper took it off his hands because he kept forgetting to feed it.

3. He has briefly met at least one of the canon M:EM characters. The interaction was congenial, but he does not care for this person.

4. While he appreciates its cross-planar value, he doesn't like gold, especially as an ornament. He finds it tacky.

5. He owes another Planeswalker some kind of debt (money or service), and he really doesn't like it. He's never been able to find that Planeswalker again to settle.

What is the consensus on these five facts?

To weigh in myself on #4, and this comment of Barinellos's: "As an alchemist, it'd be funny if turning lead into gold was an almost beginner level task, which means gold is virtually worthless as anything other than a catalyst. Especially if the amount of gold you get out of lead were hilariously impractical."

This reminds me of the game Opus Magnum, an alchemy puzzle game I enjoy, where one of the first things your character has to do is turn lead into gold, and the alchemist scoffs at how beneath him such a simple thing is. I kind of love the idea that whenever our dwarf goes to other planes and tells people he's an alchemist, they ask him to turn lead into gold, and he just gets more and more annoyed at it every time.

I would be in favor of this one, as I think it could be a really fun little character tic.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:16 pm 

I'm also in favor of easy gold.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
What is the consensus on these five facts?

I'm aboard for all 5. Did you consider the family+nickname facts as accepted?

Quote:
This reminds me of the game Opus Magnum, an alchemy puzzle game I enjoy, where one of the first things your character has to do is turn lead into gold, and the alchemist scoffs at how beneath him such a simple thing is.

I played it too! (when I was gifted a month of Origin premium) It may have played a part in *cough cough cough*

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:56 pm 

Did you consider the family+nickname facts as accepted?

Not yet. As it was only brought up once and with more of a "these two seem connected" rather than any sort of thumbs up or thumbs down kind of thing, I thought I would circle back to that one after we cleared these five one way or another.

Like this post